Post Your Trivia

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bit of a boredom post this but share your knowledge of facts you've picked up.

I heard the other day that the ratio of humans to insects is 2 hundred million for each person. I don't know who counted them but I hope they didn't reach 199 million then forgot where they were and had to start again. ;)

I don't know how true this is, it sounds an awful lot of crawly things....ugh!

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Barbara Bush and Nancy Reagan didn't get along. When the Reagans were in the White House they hosted a dinner for Princess Diana. Nancy Reagan didn't want the Bushes there and she crossed their names off the list. The person making out the guest list told her she can't not invite the Vice President and she replied "Watch me." They were not invited.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wouldn't you know it? I have SO MUCH useless info and fun facts swimming in my brain, but now that I'm trying to think of something, I'm drawing a blank.
:doh:
I'll get back to you!:D

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did you know that Peter Minuet was the first person to get scammed in New York? When he 'bought' Manhattan, he paid the wrong tribe, who happened to be in the area. He later had to pay again, this time to the proper tribe.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our blood, cats blood, etc etc etc is based on iron = ferric / ferrous. Hemoglobin, don't ya know.

Here comes the trivia. Ready for it? Lobster's blood is copper based - cupric / cuprous

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mines and Collieries Act 1842 banned children under the age of 10 from working in British mines. Previously, the youngest age for a miner was four. Men often mined naked, while women often mined while wearing just pants, at least until women were banned from working the mines.

Playwright Thomas Kyd was Christopher Marlowe's roommate. Kyd was arrested and tortured under the suspicion of heresy and atheism for some papers found in his apartment. He blamed them on Marlowe. (They very well could have been. Or Marlowe set Kyd up to be charged.) Marlowe was killed not long after in a supposed tavern brawl. Kyd died a year later. It is believed that he died from the long-lasting effects of the torture he had endured. Some believe he arranged Marlowe's death, and there is evidence that suggests that Marlowe worked for the Privy Council as part of the anti-Catholicism movement.

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
Scientists have found the limit of human endurance - 2.5 times a person’s resting metabolic rate, which is about 4000 cal per day for an average person. Anything over that is not sustainable.

A pregnant woman uses 2.2 times her normal metabolic rate. Go pregnant women!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've heard that if the Earth was shrunk down to the size of a billiard ball, it would be as smooth as a, well...….billiard ball. Everest wouldn't even register as a small pimple at that scale.
Also on the Earth shrinking theme, if the Earth was the size of an apple then all the water on Earth would be thinner than the skin of said apple.