Post your favorite crock pot recipes!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

...It came with a recipe book that has dozens of yummy recipes in it. Apaprently you can cook not only soups/stews/roasts, but also cakes and puddings and breads in it too....
Cakes and puddings and breads? Oh, my!

Maybe I need to get one of these devices.

And Jarvis, your potato soup sounds wonderful! My mom makes a wonderful potato soup, too -- we'll have to try doing it in a crockpot instead of standing and stirring. She puts paper-thin slices of baby carrots and some celery salt in hers... mmmmmm....

shopcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My chicken noodle soup recipe..
(I can't give exact measurements, this is just a basic idea from memory)

I chop up 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts into stew sized chunks.
Chopped celery, chopped carrots, chopped onion, quantity to taste.
Kluski noodles (Pennsylvania people will know what i'm talking about)or wide egg noodles
Swanson Chicken broth-the big can
I cut up the chicken the veggies & onion & brown them lightly for flavor in a skillet with "I can't believe it's not butter" with some other seasonings like onion powder or pepper then I scrape all of that into the crock pot & add the broth. I put the crock pot on high till it starts to bubble pretty vigorously, then turn it down to low for the rest of the day..Stirring occasionally.
You can add whatever suits you, sometimes I also add a chicken bouillion cube, some salt?, more pepper?..parsley?
When you feel that is ready, cook your noodles seperately in a large pot..this is out of necessity for me, being that we have a small crockpot, but it still works out well. Cook them till they are just about done, drain, & add the crock pot mixture to the pot on the stove. Carefully.
Simmer the whole mixture for a little while till the noodles are soft & everything is flavorful & ready to eat.

I hope this makes sense, it's just something that I do, not out of a recipe book.But it's simple & open for a person's personal tastes & comes out really good every time.