Post surgery recovery - Kali hasn't eaten in 5 days!

bonepicker

Animal Lover Extraordinare
Top Cat
Purraise
Two weeks later and Kali is still doing fantastic. She's still eating 2-3 times a day. She's putting on a lot of weight, She's drinking water steadily and regularly, She's playing, She's hunting bugs and she's wrestling again with our dog. Also, the hair is growing slowly but surely. She's nicked the skin around her eye socket a couple of times but its healed very quickly. I'm very proud of her and also she isn't afraid of going outside. She's very familiar with everything out there. The first couple of nights we decide she could go out if she wanted to (she doesn't like pooping inside, she prefers doing it outside so it doesn't smell, haha), I had to go out with a torch and she was happy once the extra light was there. Now though, she doesn't need me, she's good at finding the door if something spooks her but she's a fighter. I swear, nothing changed with her. If I could show my past self how well Kali is doing 2 weeks after all that fiasco, I wouldn't have stressed so much. I thought she wouldn't want to climb anymore or balance on things. Her jumping is a little off but she's getting much better everyday. I thought she would be disabled. Like, there would be things that she would want to do anymore but she can. Animals adapt so well. Honestly, I should have called her Buffy because she can beat everything and is afraid of nothing.

Before her surgery, if Kali tried to eat our dogs food, Lola would rush up and just push her out of the way (never growl or attack) but now she knows Kali is fragile and needs lots of food, if Kali wants to eat out of Lola's bowl, she'll just sit behind her and wait for her to finish or join her. It's very sweet. I love my girls.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

savingkali

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I recently broke my phone so I'm using a backup which only has a couple of photos. Ill take more tomorrow. :)

That's my nephew who saw her for the first time. He's 5 so the first thing he said was "is she an alien?!" He wasn't scared he was a little shocked at first then excited haha. But I explained that kalis eye got sick and if we didn't take it out then she would have gotten sicker. He gave her lots of cuddles after and said she was still beautiful.

Here she is with me giving me kisses. As you can see that's the side her eye is gone. Looks good, huh? :)

Knowing now people are still interested in my little girl, ill definitely post some more photos. :)

smokem

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
she looks perfect,as all tortoiseshells do,they have it down.

My father tells a story about a big family,and they had a blind child.

They treated her no differently and she grew up knowing she was okay-good-not

disabled.Seriously,they refused to give her a handicap!

I think our cats have this ability inately.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Thanks for the update.  Glad Kali is continuing to do well.