Post surgery for bladder stone removal

rhenkt

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

Had surgery 16 days ago for stones removal. Wore the e-collar for 11 days. Recovery has been going well, but today noticed a small area that is slightly raised, almost like a welt, pink, a little oily. Can't really tell if it's pus, has no color. Not a huge amount of fluid, just a greasy feel on the area.

I'll show my vet on Monday but just wanted to check here for opinions.

You can see it a little above the bottom nipple.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
That does look like a little fluid buildup, but I don't see any sign of outright infection. I'm glad you are seeing your vet. It is probably a bit of nothing, but no sense in taking chances. Let us know what the vet says, please!

OH! Welcome to TCS! I'm sorry it took a health scare to bring you here. Stick around, introduce yourself and your cat. New Cats on the Block We're happy to have you with us!

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Fiona herself had bladder stone removal surgery when she was 9 and she lived for several years longer with no other problems. Just want to encourage you that your cat will be fine. I agree about the incision; since you will see your vet in a day and a half, anything amiss can be taken care of then.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rhenkt

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sorry, I meant I'll send the pic to the vet on Monday. We'll see if she wants us to bring him in.
Thank you for your comments.