Post Spayed Surgery Problem...out of Control Kitten!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

blondpierogi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mews2much

Coco will see the vet for her crf next month unless she get bladder problems again or sick before that.
Cleo is fine and should be here sometime next week.
I feel bad for her she got fixed and a Rabies shot Nov 20th and next she will have a long plane ride.
Then it will be a 2 hour drive if there is no traffic to get back here.
After that she will see my vet.
Midnight came home friday and has pain meds and clavamox.
Would you like to see how he looks after sugery.
I can pm you the link to my sisters myspace.
Is there any other vet you can use in the future instead of the one you go too.
I was went to a very bad vet and they told me coco had lung cancer when she was very sick.
I filed a complaint and so did a bunch of other people.
They got shut down.
Midnight acts fine and my sister thinks he dosent even need the pain meds anymore.
Awwies.. well I hope that Midnight and Coco get better... poor things. They are soo cute. Sure I want to see the pictures.
The vet we go to is at Banfield hospital which is inside Petsmart. most of the vets there are awesome. Also I have prepaid for the plan that they offer for kittens, and there is no way of getting my money back.
I was unhappy that they let Kizzi go home when they saw how she was. honestly that was wrong.
Here are some heal faster vibes for your babies and I hope that Cleo gets to you healthy and happy :-).

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks,
I will pm Midnights pics.
My friend used to work at petsmart and my sisters friend still does.
I know alot about the vets there. We also get all our cat food at petsmart.

maxcat08

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by blondpierogi

Hey all!!!
I just wanted to thank you for all the advice that you gave me. Everyone on this site is soo awesome and helpful. I love yah all
. good and grateful vibes to u all

So I wanted to update you all on Kizzi. Yesterday she woke up regularly, ate a ton and was up and ready to play and watch out the window. Her eyes are back to normal and she is not extremely agressive (well no more then usual). Plus she gave up on attacking the staples and stitches, i caught her cleaning them, but nothing was ripped out. I think that she was just coming off the meds and anesthesia and thats why she was soo wierd. I was soo worried for her, but now all is well. Boy, thank god that this only has to be one once, b/c I would never put her through this again (unless is life or death).
i will keep on updating with her recovery. b
I'm so glad that Kizzi is so much better. For sure she was reacting to something. When a cat's pupils get so big like that ....either it's pain or fear. Poor thing...please give her some hugs from me. I've had 5 cats neutered..including one spay...and they all came home very subdued and quiet...then they were back to normal the very next day!

I hope Kizzi continues to improve and feel well and happy....

gnaomim

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I would definitely contact a pet ER asap. You might just have a very high strung cat on your hands, I've seen kittens that are near feral though they were raised near people. If given enough positive reinforcement and love and tenderness they will usually grow out of it. As for your cat, I agree with everyone who has advised further vet care. You could have a serious problem on your hands.
If the vet (preferably a more qualified vet than the one you've been seeing) gives your baby a clean bill of health and says everything is ok but she's still acting loopy, you have some non-invasive options. One trick I used for my mom's cats when they were very young and very, very hyper, was to put lavender essential oil in a pot of boiling water and let it simmer and steam for a while to diffuse the scent into the house. It helped calm them down for a while but as kittens are naturally full of energy, they were right back to their crazy tricks after they woke up from their nap.
There are also things you can buy from pet shops called Comfort Zone, which are supposed to help ease stress and anxiety in cats through a scent released into the room. They are pretty pricey at about 30-50 for the kit though. I'm hesitant to use anything though, unless absolutely necessary.
Probably the best thing to do is, if the cat is healthy and there's no deeper problem, play with her. Grab a toy and play fetch (you might have to retrieve the toy yourself but she'll chase it at least). Or grab a feather teaser toy and have your kitty chase that around until she's gotten enough exercise (they usually lose interest when they're getting tired), just be careful of those new stitched and try not to force her to jump too much.

Again, always check with a vet if you think something serious could be going on.