Post-spay lump

nap97

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I posted yesterday because I was struggling to get my kitten to settle down 3 days post-op, and now I am concerned because last night I noticed a lump around the area. Does this seem abnormal? I want a second opinion before calling the vet. I am thinking it could be related to the fact that she is so eager to be active.

Attachments

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's normal. It's a build up of scar tissue and should go away on its own. Her incision looks great! You want to look for any discharge/weeping from the incision, angry red skin around the incision, or any change in eating, litter box, or play habits. Cats are really good at self-limiting when they don't feel well or hurt. She's fine to be out and about without a cone.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nap97

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She will definitely like that response! She has done awesome with using her litter box regularly and keeping her appetite. The only behavioral problems have come (I believe) from her being mad about wearing the donut on her neck. I’m happy it looks like she is healing well and she will be happy to ditch the donut!