Post-Spay Bump?

thevegancuddler

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I was petting Mia and giving her belly rubs. She's a very small, thin sort of cat. Not dangerously thin, just very lean. I call her Mia-Links, because she has a little lynx body, very sleek and lean. :) ANYWAY, I noticed that right along where her spay incision might be (I can't find the actual scar, and her fur has grown back), there is a bumpy area. This description will sound silly, but it's the best I can think of... it's almost like a little insect spine. Just a couple of teeny, tiny bumps. She had the spay about two and a half months ago. Is this normal? Is it just scar tissue? She isn't bothered at all by the area, and apart from being a little more affectionate post-spay, she is completely normal, healthy, and unchanged. I just worry. I'm a helicopter mom.

jmljml19

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
my cat still has a bump from her spay from 8 months ago, doesn't bother her at all since she loves belly rubs too and I asked the vet a week after her spay if I should worry and she said no unless it's a big bump and doesn't shrink down, which hers did, to a barely there bump. so if it's not bothering her, I wouldn't worry but if you still have worries, get her checked out by a vet

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

thevegancuddler

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

my cat still has a bump from her spay from 8 months ago, doesn't bother her at all since she loves belly rubs too and I asked the vet a week after her spay if I should worry and she said no unless it's a big bump and doesn't shrink down, which hers did, to a barely there bump. so if it's not bothering her, I wouldn't worry but if you still have worries, get her checked out by a vet
Thanks! I'll probably mention it next time she's due to go in. But she seems alright for now.

djoe

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My Cynthia has the same thing since the spay ; we only had it a few weeks ago though... (I wouldn't have done the spay if it wasn't for the catsite folks!)... she also had a big hard bump where the incision was. It is degenerating slowly. I can still feel and see it, but I noticed it is getting smaller. 

I believe these are the dissolving tissues that the vets use in this kind of operations.