Post pictures of your precious Blue / Gray / Maltese cats here!

checkers

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
   I hope his new furever home is loving being taken over by him and he is one happy kitty guy right now.  Must be hard letting them go. 
Thanks @MServant.  

YES, it's awfully hard letting them go, after you've gained their trust and affection. And it's awful for them in the first place that their life has to be turned upside down because something has gone wrong with their human carers.  When they reach their foster home,  I expect they think they can settle, and then it's a big, stressful upheaval again.  Still, it's better than the alternatives, and you've got to remind yourself of that.  

Many thanks for your help and encouragement along the way, @MServant.  

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
He's a beautiful cat @Checkers  I'm not surprised to hear he found a new home quickly. Do you ever get updates on the kittens you took in last year? I still remember all the lovely photos you took of them.

checkers

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
  Do you ever get updates on the kittens you took in last year? I still remember all the lovely photos you took of them.
Thank you @Norachan

I have never had an update on one of them, which is upsetting as I'd have thought the adopters would have appreciated the care that had gone into them, and the photo booklet and gift pack that went with each kitten.  My contact details were in the photo booklets saying updates would be appreciated, but that hasn't eventuated.

I can only hope they are all doing very well.  I think of them all the time - as I do my other foster cats, but those kittens had a long, gruelling search as part of their history and were extra special.  Today I changed my avatar to a pic of two of them. They'd be close to a year old now.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
That's a shame.

I still hear from one of the ladies who gave a home to a kitten a few years ago, but the rest of the new families didn't stay in touch either. I try to take that as a a positive sign. They all have my phone number and e-mail address and promised to return the kittens to me if things didn't work out.

This is my latest foster failure. He's almost 8 months old now and his name is Finn.

I found him running around with the TNR'd cats near my old address. He must have been dumped by someone, he was way too friendly to be a feral kitten. I tried to re-home him, but no one suitable came forward so he's part of the gang now.

checkers

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

I still hear from one of the ladies who gave a home to a kitten a few years ago, but the rest of the new families didn't stay in touch either. I try to take that as a a positive sign. They all have my phone number and e-mail address and promised to return the kittens to me if things didn't work out.

This is my latest foster failure. He's almost 8 months old now and his name is Finn.
Oh @Norachan, Finn is adorable. Look at that face. What a character, and he looks so friendly.  

As for lack of feedback from the adopters, it's disappointing but I think it's just thoughtlessness on their part, at the worst.  In your case especially, with the undertaking to return the kittens should they not work out, any failure to stay in touch would be just slackness.  I would want to stay in touch with the person who had cared for the cat I had adopted, I guess just to share my happiness with them with someone who really wants to know!

You do a great job!  Thank you, on behalf of the cat world!  

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
I've only had to re-home one cat because he was too rumbunctious for my crew, a big 2 year old  cow-hocked, splayfooted Maine Coon  ( or mix ). It was a match  made in heaven and 6 months later he got an 8 months old Persian sister who was quite large for her age. The new mom has become a friend and we see each other about every 2 months as she lives in San Diego, about 100 miles away, and we e-mail and I get pics of her two cats frequently. I now have an all black 4 year old foster  for whom I am trying to find a forever home.  It's hard to find a home for an all black cat because of the superstition. Now if I lived in England where black cats are considered good luck I would have a line of people waiting to adopt him. Is there anyone in SoCal who wants to adopt him? Longish hair that does not tangle and is soft like bunny hair, yellow/green eyes and a sweet little meow. Impeccable toilet manners, does not scratch furniture, indoor only and not a door darter, will take him back if it does not work out.

checkers

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
 I now have an all black 4 year old foster  for whom I am trying to find a forever home.
@segelkatt  , your foster boy is SO attractive. And that's a great photo.  I would think here (in Australia) he wouldn't last long on the market.  

And great you could stay in touch with the new carer for your Maine Coon.  That's how it should be!

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence

@segelkatt  , your foster boy is SO attractive. And that's a great photo.  I would think here (in Australia) he wouldn't last long on the market.  

And great you could stay in touch with the new carer for your Maine Coon.  That's how it should be!

He has been on a site for adoptions for many months with this and 2 other pictures and I have not gotten even one nibble. So it goes with black cats here in the US.

checkers

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
 He has been on a site for adoptions for many months with this and 2 other pictures and I have not gotten even one nibble. So it goes with black cats here in the US.
@segelkatt  , I thought your foster boy would be an exception because of his long fur and outstanding looks.  But  in general, blacks, greys and other dark-coloured cats are harder to find homes for here too, according to a large re-homing refuge chain I work with.  Occasionally they'll put their dark-coloured cats up for a very low price to get interest in them.  That surprises me as I find them very appealing - apart from my concern that they may be more easily knocked on the road or tripped over due to being less noticeable.

Maybe a new set of photos and a different write-up might attract fresh interest?  

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise

I agree.  It is amazing that no one has fallen for that beautiful cat.   Something to refresh and catch peoples eye might be worth while, he is a stunning creature and I would love to see him lounging about my home.  
   I don't think Mouse would appreciate it quite as much but hey, whose house do I live in?   (Don't answer that).  

Now, back to blue cats, in a way....  I was thinking about starting a thread in PC&K but Mouse might not be too fitting a cat for that thread,  so here on April 1st am might be the best place for this:   recently I got to wondering if Mouse might be pregnant, or at least going through a phantom pregnancy!  What do others think?  First there is his super cuddly nature which has increased lately, and love of belly rubs.  Secondly his round belly despite recent weight loss starting to show off his lovely rippling leg muscles, and then I noticed his little nipples and round profile in this photo....   What should I do?  He has plenty of little cuddly toys but he still tries to kill them like usual so don't think he's ready to nurse one yet.
There's only one way to tell if he's going through a phantom pregnancy or not. A kitten. That's what you need. A real live kitten for Mouse to love and nurse and pass his wisdom on to.

checkers

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
  was thinking about starting a thread in PC&K but Mouse might not be too fitting a cat for that thread,  so here on April 1st am might be the best place for this:   recently I got to wondering if Mouse might be pregnant, or at least going through a phantom pregnancy!  What do others think?  First there is his super cuddly nature which has increased lately, and love of belly rubs.  Secondly his round belly despite recent weight loss starting to show off his lovely rippling leg muscles, and then I noticed his little nipples and round profile in this photo....   What should I do?  He has plenty of little cuddly toys but he still tries to kill them like usual so don't think he's ready to nurse one yet.
I don't know what PC&K is @MServant, but I wouldn't be taking any chances with Mouse. I'd be preparing the box with clean towels in the wardrobe, and checking out the 'Pregnant Cats and Kitten Care' thread on The Cat Site.  Good luck, and keep us posted!

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

There's only one way to tell if he's going through a phantom pregnancy or not. A kitten. That's what you need. A real live kitten for Mouse to love and nurse and pass his wisdom on to.

I don't know what PC&K is @MServant, but I wouldn't be taking any chances with Mouse. I'd be preparing the box with clean towels in the wardrobe, and checking out the 'Pregnant Cats and Kitten Care' thread on The Cat Site.  Good luck, and keep us posted!
   He does like the wardrobe, but he usually goes for the top shelf where my jumpers and jeans are, but needs to use me as a ladder to get up there ....  High risk of him plus any future kittens falling from a great height - which is what Mouse usually does unless I am there to use as the step ladder for getting down as well as for getting up there in the first place.   I'd go for the towel cupboard but the towels are so packed in there he always turfs a big pile out, and I usually keep that door closed because it jams up against my bedroom door and stops it opening - he might take over the whole bedroom then.  

I might try to give his belly some extra rubs each day and see if I can detect any changes like little kittens in there over the coming weeks, and if he starts to cry and look agitated at night I'll see if I can tempt any of the little mice that live behind the washing machine to come out to play with him.   I'll keep reading a few PC&K Care threads too, to see if there are any more tips I can pick up to try and help him feel better if his belly gets any bigger.  

Last edited:

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
What a face.  So expressive. 

Is this Misty again?     I am in love (again).  

spirit kitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I said farewell to my beautiful foster boy, Winston Churchill, last week. 

He passed his final vet checks and the next day went to the refuge for adoption.  I thought his age might be against him when the refuge was overflowing with younger cats and kittens, but he was adopted the day he went 'on the market'.  The refuge has since told me his new home reports he has 'settled in famously'.

Missing him greatly, but am so glad he has found his forever home. :)

Meant to say… Takes a special heart to love and then let go. Sometimes the site doesn't let me say more than a few lines