Post pictures of your precious Blue / Gray / Maltese cats here!

renstwin

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh they are all so beautiful!

My precious little girl Vegas. She was my best buddy and always up for a snuggle.

She had the prettiest green eyes and the softest, most dense coat.

I still miss her terribly and can't look at these too long or I cry.

Vegas: 02/2001-12/2013

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
My precious little girl Vegas. She was my best buddy and always up for a snuggle.

She had the prettiest green eyes and the softest, most dense coat.

I still miss her terribly and can't look at these too long or I cry.

Vegas: 02/2001-12/2013
Vegas looks beautiful, and her expression so wise and gentle here.  Thank you for sharing her with us here.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
This looks like a very fine pose to my untrained eye, particularly how relaxed Sundar is - that he can even have his front paw completely relaxed there and not have to hold those hind legs in at all.  

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

(True representation of my face right now - other than the colour).  Great Idea @Tammat!   I bet that would be quite a busy one. 

No gray kitties in your life Tammat?
No Grey kitties in my life MServant. If I could afford to look after more there would be one of every colour though.

Every cat on this thread is gorgeous!! Just love them.

Last edited:

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

No Grey kitties in my life MServant. If I could afford to look after more there would be one of every colour though.

Every cat on this thread is gorgeous!! Just love them.
I'm with you on cats of every colour, and I go and pour over all the black and tuxedos, and white cats and tabbies......   where ever I can. But of course with Mouse in my life I have to love blue most of all. 
  Perhaps one day you will find your self with a blue / gray cat and your life will have one more colour in it! 

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise

I know my two have already made an appearance, but I just have to do another:  Sundar, my yogi cat.  This is called Holdontoyourbottomasana.

I was thinking more along the lines of "Downward Facing Feline" :-)

Actually he was doing Shashankasana (pose of the child), fell over and went to sleep...

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Mani, you're so lucky to have a cat who is into yoga. My cats have all formed the Anti-Yoga League. They can all be asleep in another room but as soon as I unroll my mat they'll take it turns to come and pester me to let them out, or feed them, all they'll start clawing at the mat. My yoga mat has holes clawed right through it in some places.

Their latest tactic is to wait until I'm doing a headstand and then come and bump heads with me.

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise

Mani, you're so lucky to have a cat who is into yoga. My cats have all formed the Anti-Yoga League. They can all be asleep in another room but as soon as I unroll my mat they'll take it turns to come and pester me to let them out, or feed them, all they'll start clawing at the mat. My yoga mat has holes clawed right through it in some places.

Their latest tactic is to wait until I'm doing a headstand and then come and bump heads with me.
That is a beautiful visual, @Norachan    When my sister does her aerobic workouts, the cat and dog also come over to lie on the exercise mat....lol.    But there is only one cat now....so no "Ant-Yoga League"..lol

If I did not see the photos with my own eyes, I would not have believed that both @Mani 's and @MServant's cats do yoga poses.

But a  headstand?  wow.  that must take extreme muscle control and balance.

mani

Staff Member
Purraise

I have a whole new move in bhujangasana (cobra)... rise up into the pose, hold, then with a sweeping movement of the right arm remove the cat from under chest, come back down to the floor.  Repeat using left hand to remove cat.

You do all realise I've got us hopelessly off topic....

Last edited:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise

That is a beautiful visual, @Norachan    When my sister does her aerobic workouts, the cat and dog also come over to lie on the exercise mat....lol.    But there is only one cat now....so no "Ant-Yoga League"..lol

If I did not see the photos with my own eyes, I would not have believed that both @Mani 's and @MServant's cats do yoga poses.

But a  headstand?  wow.  that must take extreme muscle control and balance.
It's not as hard as it looks. It's the same muscles that keep you standing up-right, so pretty much anyone can do it. The trick is convincing your brain that the whole thing will work upside down.
That's hilarious! Do they ever knock you over?
Not yet, but they keep trying. One time I was doing a pose called Bakasana

(It looks like this http://www.yogajournal.com/practice/528 )

and The Mu decided that I made a convenient stepping stone down from the couch. She very gracefully stepped down onto my back and then on to the floor. Luckily The Mu is tiny and only weighs about 7 pounds. If it was one of the bigger kitties I would have gone face first into the floor.

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise

and The Mu decided that I made a convenient stepping stone down from the couch. She very gracefully stepped down onto my back and then on to the floor. Luckily The Mu is tiny and only weighs about 7 pounds. If it was one of the bigger kitties I would have gone face first into the floor.

lol....since some may feel we hijacked MServant's thread, please look back 9 posts, and you will see grey cats doing yoga poses...lol

I'd like to ask @Norachan   How many years have you been practicing Yoga?

And thank you for the above link to the Yoga Journal, it has many articles which I will bookmark. Very useful information, if I ever decide to go back and attempt some basic yoga..  thank you.

Now, I am sure, more photos of grey/blue/maltese cats will have to be posted by @MServant  so her thread goes back on track...lol...wonder how many more of yoga poses she has...lol.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

I have a whole new move in bhujangasana (cobra)... rise up into the pose, hold, then with a sweeping movement of the right arm remove the cat from under chest, come back down to the floor.  Repeat using left hand to remove cat.

You do all realise I've got us hopelessly off topic....

It's not as hard as it looks. It's the same muscles that keep you standing up-right, so pretty much anyone can do it. The trick is convincing your brain that the whole thing will work upside down.

Not yet, but they keep trying. One time I was doing a pose called Bakasana

@Mani, can this bhujangasana (cobra) be performed while in head stand position or this Bakasana that @Norachan describes and kindly gave us a link to to assist with the hilarious visualisations that go with these yoga posts?

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MServant  
Sounds good @MServant   .  I like how you think.  The TCS members who do not have grey cats,

were originally drawn here because of how you all "celebrate" them...lol.

Yoga, was a bonus.

I fear that the moves you are asking about, would take like 6 years to learn, and that @Norachan  's headstand would take 10 years.

So I think as "beginners"......we would have to focus on just "breathing centred".

On the web site @Norachan  linked to it talked about yoga being used to  "dissipate nervous energy "..so I definitely have to read up more.

Its not that you learn just about cats on TCS, its also all the aspects of life that go with it.

blazewind

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

My Josephine here is clearly very much a grey cat too, so I thought she could join in this thread!  :)  I caught her here a while ago chilling on my bed in the morning.  I'm really not sure what breed Jo is exactly, other then simply "grey, short hair."   She was a rescue from a shelter, and I tend to assume probably a mix of breeds.

mani

Staff Member
Purraise
My Josephine here is clearly very much a grey cat too, so I thought she could join in this thread!  :)  I caught her here a while ago chilling on my bed in the morning.  I'm really not sure what breed Jo is exactly, other then simply "grey, short hair."   She was a rescue from a shelter, and I tend to assume probably a mix of breeds.
Yes, an absolutely gorgeous DSH (Domestic Short Hair).

Does she let you rub that beautiful fluffy tummy?

bigperm20

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Her color by most standards is called "blue". She's beautiful!