Post Op.

lo979

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Help need advice, my cat recently got spayed and her wound was doing well on day 3. (I will post the progression photos) I noticed it becoming pink and looked scabbed 2 days ago (day 5). It was not hot to the touch and did not smell and it was not leaking any fluids. I was cleaning around the area with water and cotton swabs. I woke up this morning and looked at it and this is how it looks. I am very concerned and worried. Should I keep an eye on it for a couple of days or take her to the vet? Her personality has not changed, she is eating, sleeping, talkative, and not lethargic.

IMG_6591-2.jpeg Day 3
IMG_6654-3.jpeg Day 5
IMG_6688-1.jpeg today

Sajast

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I’d give them a call over that. Looks like she might have started messing with it but it doesn’t look obviously infected from the pictures. But since it does look a little open (can’t really tell), worth telling the vet. She may need an e-collar for a few days.

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It doesn't look infected but I agree that it does look a little open. Send the photo to your vet for his opinion and put your mind at rest.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lo979

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I’d give them a call over that. Looks like she might have started messing with it but it doesn’t look obviously infected from the pictures. But since it does look a little open (can’t really tell), worth telling the vet. She may need an e-collar for a few days.
this is today, def think I am going to make a vet appointment.

Attachments