post moving anxiety?

soopermouse

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
after much toil, finally i'm mostly done with the move. Midnight has a new cat house which she ignores, a far larger place to roam and she's taking it well- aside from the fact that she's clawing the sand out of her litter box. She's never done this before. Could it be the new make of litter?  Stress?

She doesn't act stressed- she's bene exploring wardrobes etc, she came to bed and cuddled, ate...

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Really glad it's going well, soopermouse.

I reckon a change of litter is the problem with the over-zealous clawing... sounds like she's trying to tell you something.  Aren't you able to get what you were using before?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

soopermouse

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
i was using pretty cheap normal litter, now i got her some fancy one and she doesn't seem to like it much.

she meowed a bit when i brought her in the carrier then settled down and enjoyed the ride. Once here she explored, clawed, explored more, meowed, ate and dragged down clothes in my wardrobe

Thing is, the old place was bad for me and bad for her- a small cramped cold and damp flat in an old house. It was bad, it was oppressive and I think it was causing me depression. Already the new place makes me feel better and I hope it will help her too- there's stairs and stuff for her to run in and a lot of hidey holes and it smells better and it's warm.

I'll try to get her the good litter she likes.