Post hysterectomy incision bleeding

Lia153

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I got my cat , 6 yr old. Spayed on last Wednesday.
Today i noticed slight blood oozing out of her incision. I an really worried. Z someone guide me.
Is it normal? Is the incision healing fine???
IMG_20210917_200428.jpg

crystal dawn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
From the photo, her incision looks fine and like it's healed fairly well. I see the spot you may be worried about. It looks like she may of licked the scab off that area. I would keep an eye on it and watch for signs of irritation or infection. I'm sure others will have more info for you. My female's incision looked worse, granted she removed her stitches most of the way herself quite a few days early. Her incision healed fine but was a pain in the butt to take care of til it did.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lia153

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
From the photo, her incision looks fine and like it's healed fairly well. I see the spot you may be worried about. It looks like she may of licked the scab off that area. I would keep an eye on it and watch for signs of irritation or infection. I'm sure others will have more info for you. My female's incision looked worse, granted she removed her stitches most of the way herself quite a few days early. Her incision healed fine but was a pain in the butt to take care of til it did.
Glad to knw that ur cat is fine and healed now 😃.
The same thing happened here.her stitches were to be removed tomorrow ..but as u can see she has removed most of them herself..
I understand... it's really some hard duty. .

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Is it normal? Is the incision healing fine???
Since the spay was done on Wednesday, it's a very fresh wound. Expect some blood to be around for awhile. If it is not bleeding excessively, don't worry so much. Just make sure the wound don't open up since she removed some herself.