Post-Amputaton Days 3-9

rianna

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
He looks so good! I love the onesies. Here's to a happy, healthy recovery.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

aelurophile

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you for all of the kind comments! Artie's stitches were removed today and he has been released from his "recovery condo" (dog crate). I'm still keeping him confined to one room when we're not around to watch him and at night until I'm confident that he (and the other cats) are comfortable. As long as he doesn't lick his scabs too much, he can stay out of the onesies. Artie tends to be an over-cleaner in general, so we'll have to see how that goes.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
That's quite a wardrobe! He really looks good, and it sounds as if he's adjusting well. The best of luck to him being 100% ASAP.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh I'm so glad to hear he's adjusting so well and so quickly! We have a little CH kitty (makes her very wobbly and floppy), and she doesn't seem to notice.
They really adapt to their handicaps.
But it's still great to hear HOW well!

he doesn't lick those scabs (too much!) !!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

aelurophile

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
As far as Artie is concerned, he is 100% and ready for anything (like getting to explore the entire house again). He is completely over me constantly trying to snuggle him or hovering over him. His attitude is, "Mom, chill. I'm a big boy. I've got this."

Of course my husband can do no wrong in Artie's eyes. Probably because he doesn't "baby" him. His attitude is, "Come on, kid! Let's go in the backyard and throw that football. Then we'll run a couple of miles up a sharp incline and bungee jump home!"

Don't worry--nothing that crazy is going on. But my husband is more inclined to let Artie play with whatever he wants to play with and jump wherever he wants to jump.

I think we balance each other out, though, so that we're "semi-normal parents" for Artie.

momto4kitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwww I love him!!!! You favorite pic is my favorite too, how adorable: "Mommy loves me". What is not to love?? He looks so comfy and so happy, you are being such a wonderful Mommy for him. He has a gorgeous face

allroundthesun

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Awwwwww.
For a guy who's been through something like that, he looks so content! And he's gorgeous!
Gotta say, it's sad he needs them and I'm glad for him he can lose them soon
but he is nonetheless looking pretty stylish in his little onesies!
His pose and expression in the "mommy loves me" one is priceless!

bellaandme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AimerLee

The "mommy loves me" onesie picture is adorable!!!
Oh that's my favorite!! He looks like he's adjusting pretty good. He is adorable! Please keep the pictures coming!!

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, bless his heart!!
He's adorable, and I love, love, love the onesie idea! That's brilliant!!

I also love the "mommy loves me" one. So sweet!