Possibly pregnant??

llblancaster

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just heads up, right when the baby came out my cat let out a horrid loud cry and it scared me half to death. I had a birthing box that she wanted nothing to do with, she actually delivered on my bed next to me on a bunch of towels! After she delivered I moved the babies to the box, while wearing gloves and she followed. She is fine with it now.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

liesincepl8

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes she refused to have anything to do with the box too. She wanted to be right beside me so I am sitting in my daughters room while she is under the crib. I will move the babies when she is settled. She has been totally soundless throughout this birthing process. Thanks for the heads up that she might yelp.

llblancaster

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If you haven't, you may want to put some towels and blankets under her, unless you have a good carpet cleaner. It's funny how they get so attached to their humans. It's sad watching because as moms we know what they're going through!

liesincepl8

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I think so?? I've read things on here about babies being born days later
.crazy! We had number one about 30 min ago. He/she just started nursing...not sure if its normal for a kitten to take that long but I'm happy it is eating now. Its still attached to the placenta though.

liesincepl8

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No she cleaned the baby off and ate some of the placenta. But its still very much there with baby attached. She is sleeping now while the kitten is nursing...

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No she cleaned the baby off and ate some of the placenta. But its still very much there with baby attached. She is sleeping now while the kitten is nursing...
You will need to tie ot off for her asap.

Take a piece of dental floss (or string if you don't have floss) and simply tie it around the cord, at least an inch from babys body. Tie it tightly twice the cut just about the string, also cutting the strings short.

liesincepl8

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you.. I will keep that in mhnd for future reference. She ended up eating everything up only a little bit later :)

liesincepl8

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We have yet to have any more kittens except the one. She pushed the first out around 6pm..doesn't look like she's in labor anymore. Very odd.

liesincepl8

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I can't tell..she was never that hard or big to begin with. The baby is nursing lots now and mama cat seems good. There is still a little discharge expelling from her vulva and its puffy butI know that's normal even after birth. She just seems to be totally done but we only have one kitten. The vet made it seem like there was "a few babies in there". Ah.

liesincepl8

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Still only one kitten. I can't tell if its getting colostrum...I heard it crying and looking for mama's nipple earlier. It took forever to latch. I bought some formula just in case but it's been latching and falling asleep while nursing so I'm hoping to not have to intervene at all. I hope the kitten is eating