Possibly Pregnant Cat?

Suru

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I’ll try to keep this short. 2 weeks back I adopted Baguette, he’s a barn cat from my friend’s neighbour. He has a sister - Yellow, and between the two, I chose Baguette.

Fast forward to today, 2 weeks later, I’m at my friend’s house again, and Yellow had come to her door in the middle of the night, so they let her in and kept her inside. That was when she was named Yellow.

Here’s the issue, I held her today, and she’s ALOT heavier than the skin and bones she was two weeks ago. My boy is also heavier, but that’s likely due to being fed well...

We suspect she is pregnant by her dad, the only other male cat on the area.

We noticed a sore spot on her bottom, not sure whether this is due to being jumped on by daddy cat, or whether it’s another type of infection. My friend also said that Yellow pooped a rather soft stool while being held, like she couldn’t hold it in.

What are the possible concerns and options here for Yellow? My friend has a vet check up scheduled for next Friday. Ideally, she wants to keep Yellow as she gets along well with her other adopted kitty. But she definitely does not want a litter of kittens!

Any suggestions and advice would be greatly appreciated, Thanks in advance!

Attachments

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It could be pregnancy, it could also be worms or intestinal problems. Given her apperance in the photos I would think either is equally likely. Hopefully, the vet will be able to she'd some light on the situation. If she is pregnant, it would probably be wise to spay her now. No kittens and better for her health not to go through the pregnancy.

Let us know how it goes.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I agree with Kieka. She’s likely pregnant.

I suggest cleaning her bottom gently with a warm damp cloth, then apply coconut oil or vaseline to give her some relief.

Can the cat be taken to the vet any sooner? She probably needs worming, flea treatment, and antibiotics. Avoid vaccines until a decision is made on spaying, as vaccines can be harmful to developing kittens.

Please keep us posted!