Possibly pregnant 11 month old kitten

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

stormysmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Updating:

We are still playing the waiting game with Miss Angie. I will be glad when the IRS decides to cough up our return check so we can get her to the vet. Should only be a few more days. She is starting to have a firm round belly so my suspicions even without seeing a vet is that we are going to have kittens on our hands. Her returning to her heat like behavior was a short lived one evening thing. She is now eating, two maybe three times as she was before. She will take two wet pouches a night and returns to the bowl of dry at least once an hour for a few nibbles through out the day. Should I just let her have her fill? She seems to have returned to the not knowing when to stop phase that she went through as a small kitten. I donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t want to restrict her from getting what she needs but I also donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t want her getting sick from eating too much. We got two new covered litter boxes last night. (they have never had a covered box) While we were fixing one of them up with baking soda and litter Angie crawled into the empty one and nestled up asleep. Needless to say it isnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t a litter box… it now has a snuggly blanket and several toys for her to cuddle. Sweet little baby… I have never taken a pregnant animal in to the vet....because I have never had a pregnant animal. Do they give any certain vitamin supplements for them to take or is it just a basic hereâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s what you need to know and watch for these things type of deal?

It has been ten days since Sam was neutered and he seems to be doing great. We have started allowing him to interact with the girls again while we are watching them all and he seems to have no interest in anything but cuddles and his food bowl. We plan on giving it another week or so and then letting him return to having free roam of the house. Other than that everything is great with our kitties. Mommas little diva Stormy is a little miffed about her sister Angie getting more attention so I will be visiting walmart soon for a shiny new kitty toy.

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes, let her eat as much as she wants to right now and after delivery too. She will need to build up her resources to nurse the litter and our girls can get so thin and gaunt by about week 3 or 4 after delivery, especially if they are providing 100% of the nutritional support for a large litter.

I don't know of any vitamin supplements but it can't hurt to ask the vet when you see him. And let me know what he says if you would because I would love to supplement Lexus during her next pregnancy if there are such things for her.

She sounds very sweet - I love the litter box/cozy bed story!

~gf~