Possibly Panleukopenia or something else??

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was rereading this entire thread, well at least the beginning.

So you have 12 total.

Lost 2, possibly 3 at this point, but have 2 who were sick and recovered, and 7 who are fine??!

THAT is why I am so lost here, the symptom at the end of Apollo's sickness is pretty right on, the green colored vomit, the temp going down, etc.

While they can differ somewhat, not that darn much.

I was just reading info from UC Davis, which is near me and I believe is the best, or at least one of the top 3 veterinarian schools in the country.

I have attended symposiums, and so on.

My first experience with panleuk I was in communication with one of their vet professors with questions he answered as well.

My biggest question was, how long do I have to hold my breath until I know who is going to get sick and who is not. I remember that time so well it could have been a month ago, as I had 26, yes, 26 little kids out in my cat room. Not together, but still.....any/all could have been exposed because of how it came to my house.

I literally could have lost them all, and was just sick, beside myself as you can imagine.....

So, he told me after 14 days from exposure, they are cleared. Most come down in 5-7 days, but there have been a few cases of up to 14 days after exposure to show signs.

Then just now, from the UC Davis site regarding panleuk, it just said the very same thing.

THAT is what stumps me!!!

Since then I had panleuk dealings but at my foster's homes.

It hits all who are exposed, and yours have all been exposed.

That is, once again, if somehow it really is/was panleuk. I'm just puzzled here.

BTW, I see where you are from. I LOVE Hilton Head Island, and Savannah?! I even named my former Great Dane Savannah I loved it there so much :))

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I thought he would be gone by now.

Sorry just doesn't seem to be enough. You fought quite a battle for him.

My last post about UC Davis I typed at the same time you broke the news.

happybird

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss :(
My husband and I were thinking of you and little Peter last night and hoping for the best :( What a little fighter.

Last edited:

lesliemisaacs

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i've just read your entire thread and it has made me so, so sad. i recently went through something very similar, so i know how hard it is to lose a kitten, even if you hadn't fought so hard the way you did to keep him alive. i noticed you never mentioned FIP. did your vet never bring that up as a possibility? the reason i ask is because that is the first thing my vet said to me about my two kittens. there's much more i would like to say and talk about, but, considering this thread is over a year old, i don't know if you'll even see this. if you do, please respond, if you don't mind. i'd love to talk more to you about this. thank you!