Possibly job hunting soon. :(

hell603

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OHHHH Thanks! Wishing you all the best!!! How about we send Good Luck vibes all around !!!!! What goes around comes around - that way we can't loose!!

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No advice to add, Susie, but plenty of vibes and hugs are headed your way.

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The best way to start for me was to get on with a Human resources agency and they find you jobs, it's GREAT! and if you don't like the job you tell them they find you somthing different.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'll leave the advice to others, but just wanted to add my vibes, Sooz. I hope your boss can turn things around, so it doesn't come to closing down.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Check into unemployment, just in case.

start searching all the web sites. See what's out there and what they pay. monster.com, careerbuilder.com, hotjobs.com, craigslist, and your states Job Bank.
Most people don't use the newspaper that much anymore, but use your local ones over the city ones...the local ones cost less, so employers are willing to advertise there. I remember looking at the Employment Guide and seeing all schools, but only a handful of jobs in there.

Lastly contacts, start talking to people, friends, relatives, neighbors, etc...if anyone DOES leave make sure you find out where they're going and keep in contact with them incase there is a job opening in their company.

Finally Many, many {{{{{{GOOD VIBES}}}}}}

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone.......I'll keep you posted how it's going here.........I can't get another job! They might actually expect me to work
and then who would entertain you all??

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'd start with something like newszap.com, which has job postings from local newspapers. I don't know if it is in your area, but it covers some different ones. I'd start talking a little to people you know too. Like hairdressers, the mailman, whoever. Be freindly, you never know where a good job lead will come from. They say 4/5 of jobs are not actually advertised. I don't like most big job websites. At least for my area, they only seem to have adds for the bigger city. My town is not that small either. I do still check them out for my students though and I did when job searching. Your state should have an employment division under the department of labor. Ours is called Employment and Training. They can help for free too. Oh and if it does come to it, I'd be asking for a smashing recommendation letter from your current boss!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well-coming late to this-everyone has given good suggestions. I might add if your business does close make sure you get a good letter of recommendation from your boss.