Possibly Feline Acne?

tdanley0906

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I noticed a few days my Luna had a bump on her mouth, up close its red and black almost like a scab. I figured her and my other cat had played too rough and that's where it came from but it hasn't improved or gotten worse either. Her mouth is a tiny bit swollen looking compared to the other side but she doesn't seem to be bothered by it, I'm probably more concerned with it then she is! lol I came across some information about feline acne but I didn't even know cats could get acne which led me to think maybe that's what it could possibly be. I got the best pics that I could which took some major coaxing with a bag of treats
IMG_2134.JPG IMG_2136.JPG

babiesmom5

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
This does not look like acne to me. Feline Acne is usually on the chin area and looks like tiny black pin-dots, sort of like blackheads. I would have a Vet check this out to be safe.

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Feline acne is caused by plastic food bowls & like the poster above says it's usually under the chin. If it were my cat, I would have a vet check it.

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Most definitely have this checked out as soon as possible.
It may be something simple but not sure what that would be located where it is.
On the other hand it may be something serious like a growth that may be malignant, that is not meant to scare but the fact is, removal now vs waiting and allowing the roots to spread change the outcome dramatically.
You never want to feel guilt and regret for dismissing something that is there as a sign for you to take notice.