Possibly bad news from the vet today

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarah ann

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So sorry! I am familiar with cancer as well. Where I used to live had a cancer scare a few years back. The news reported that there were higher amounts of brain cancer than is normal.  Pratt and Whitney (the aerospace company) was sued but it didn't help.  There was not enough evidence to prove anything.  My dad did some work behind Pratt and Whitney and told me that they had large containers of toxic waste that had rusted and were leaking.

We had just moved away and were lucky we were able to get out.  It does make me suspicious as my gerbils and hamsters all died of cancer, a horse my friend had died of cancer as well. Now I have chronic health problems at a young age. It certainly makes you wonder what is in the environment that causes all these problems.

I've heard allergy rates are skyrocketing as well.  3 out of 6 of my cats have allergy problems, 2 out of 3 dogs have allergy problems, and my horse was just diagnosed with heaves (asthma). I've done everything I possibly can to clean up the house and keep the animals in a low dust environment, but there isn't much you can do when people burn trash, trees, etc.

raintyger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So sorry, but also so glad that you were able to spend part of your life with Sammy. He sounds special.

Status
Not open for further replies.