Possible urinary infection

Jazzy14

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a 9 month old kitten and I think this might be the reason. He stays in his litter for minutes but can't wee. He looks at us for help but I don't know what to do does anyone have any ideas?

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
He needs to see a vet. There is nothing that you can do or give him to make him pee if there is something else going on. Yes, this could be an emergency as he has to be able to pee.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jazzy14

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He needs to see a vet. There is nothing that you can do or give him to make him pee if there is something else going on. Yes, this could be an emergency as he has to be able to pee.
Yes he is going too, this only started today.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Feel by pressing in his lower abdomen, if you feel any kind of firm protruding round shape get him in ASAP, that means he is blocked and it is an emergency. If he is soft and there is no hard round object in his abdomen it is most likely a UTI, urinary tract infection, and he will still need to get in for an antibiotic. good luck, keep us posted!

Leo_dad

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I had the same problem with my cat 3 days back. He was not peeing and was just sitting in the litter box and straining. Next morning he started moaning while squatting clearly indicating pain. Immediately took him to a vet where the vet made a differential diagnosis of UTI vs stones in bladder. Got an xray done which was clear - no stones only distended full bladder. So the vet started him on cephradine ( antibiotic ) , a shot of steroid and some multivitamin and antioxidants all mixed in 100 ml of saline
He got well the same day by evening and did not need catheterization. He is continuing antibiotic for 3 days.

So you should take your kitten to a vet ASAP.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jazzy14

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He is all fine now, all playful and happy!