possible ultimatum about de-clawing

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

betsy 103

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
When I thought there might possibly be an ultimatum I sat down on the floor crying with the little one and petted her and said "don't worry I'll never do that to you" and "It may just be us 3 now, but that's ok"

melissa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You're a terrific kitty mommy
I'm so glad it didin't come down to an ulimatum for you
I know how hard it can be when your cats mean so much to you and others around you just don't seem to understand it. I wanted to bring a kitten home from the Vets office as she had been abandoned and was going to be put down if no one would take her. For 3 weeks I pleaded my case to Hubby who said " if you bring home anymore animals I'll move out!" He wasn't serious, but he just didn't understand how important it was for me to save this kitty. Well, lo and behold, she is now here in my home. Ultimatums rarely work on true kitty lovers
Oh, and a bonus..Hubby is still here too. :LOL: Here's the little dear who caused all the trouble (Hubby is really starting to warm up to her now) looks like she's smiling

betsy 103

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Midnight -
Everything did work out -- my last post was about what I was telling the kitties when I was afraid he would issue an ultimatum -- but he didn't -- I was responding to you writing about kissing your kitty's little paws.

vjoy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi Betsy...

My cat had trouble at first adjusting to the scratching posts we had. We had one carpeted, and one sisal,.....well, I could not get her to use either one. Even with Catnip on them. And when I tried to rub her little paws on it, she fought me and ran away.

Then I bought the flat, corrugated cardboard kind. She ran to it like a fish out of water. Never had a problem since. I have several around the house, and she only scratches them.

Also, we keep her nails trimmed, so her claws are not a threat to any furniture, or anything else.

Hope this helps.

betsy 103

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Vjoy -
My friends use the flat scratcher and gave me their carpeted post because their cat wouldn't use it. Mine definitely use it - but they also like to stretch up against the walls, door, cabinets. It's worth trying as an additional tool - I just have a feeling they need something tall.
Betsy

cleo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
"kitty burritto"...I love it! :LOL:

Sounds like you've recieved some good advice.

Did you show your SO the de-clawing site? Those pictures should be enough to make anyone re-consider!

Good luck and best wishes!

midnightbride

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Cleo:

Funny you mention that declaw website. I had showed all of that to my friend and she went and declawed her cat anyway!! I just don't understand how someone can go ahead and do that after finding out what it's really all about. Of course, she says her cat is just fine like nothing ever happened! Just sickening.