Possible pregnancy?

shelly606

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all my cat was acting strange about a month or so ago I think it was she kept meowing a lot and running up the curtains and meowing to go out and laying by the back door I didn't think anything of it maybe she wanted to just go out. She's been sick maybe once or twice and I've noticed she's looking like she's put a bit of weight on possibly she looks it anyway could be wrong as she's long haired she's constantly wanting attention off me and I've just seen her nipples I'm wondering is there a chance she could be pregnant or is this normal?

Attachments

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've often seen it printed on here that if a cat is female and goes outdoors, she will be pregnant. The chances are VERY good she is. One of the signs of being in heat is constant meowing. another month or so (approx. 63 days) she will be a mama!

StanAndAlf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I agree with above, it is likely that the meowing was a result of her being on heat. Her nipples don't look enlarged yet, and I would say there is a good chance she hasn't started producing milk just yet - therefore I would say it is hard to tell from just looking at her nipples right now.

I think the best thing for you to do is go and see a vet as soon as possible, and ask for an ultrasound if they don't suggest one. Whatever you decide, would love an update!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

shelly606

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Just took some more photos now she's asleep the bottom 2 are red there's some fur missing I think looks like it anyway I'm not sure as I didn't really take notice beforehand waiting for a call back off the vets she was meant to be neutered but because of the virus and other people being done there's a waiting list, not sure if it was a heat for her as my other car was completely different when she had hers

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You can bet she’s pregnant if she was in heat and went outside.

shelly606

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
You can bet she’s pregnant if she was in heat and went outside.
That's that I'm unsure of because how my other car acted when she was in heat was very you know normal acting for a female in hear but this one wasn't like that she was I'd say less aggressive and not as rowdy if that makes sense? But she was acting odd

shelly606

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all just me again, by her back legs on her belly like either side are sort of like bumping out if that makes sense? Like swelling isn't a lump it's sort of soft is this boobs filling with milk? She is booked in at the vets but that's not till next week