possible lymphoma

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When I was given chemo to administer that shouldn't be touched by me, I used the same gloves doctors and nurses use. Just peel them off in such a way they wind up inside-out.

But that's great your parents will administer it! That's something to keep in mind if there's a scheduling conflict.

:vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: for your kitty.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

marymary

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
No i dont think there is a danger of me being around Billy while he is being treated the vet didnt mention anything. Billy is still steady away at the moment meaning his health hasnt deteriorated and it hasnt improved...xx

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No, the danger is only in the pill and the poop. You might want to wear gloves when cleaning the litter box, and scoop it at least twice a day, especially if you have any other cats using the box.

It might be a good idea to ask the vet about you using the latex gloves to administer the pill. When we gave the pill at home, it was a different chemotherapy agent, and I wasn't trying to conceive. But the latex glove should provide protection, and peeling the gloves off so the outside winds up inside will provide additional protection. :)

Continued vibes for your Billy! :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes:

byelymphoma

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So sorry to "hear" about you and your pet's concerns. I came on here for first time today and although my Lymphoma - diagnosed kitty basically manifest symptoms within her head, have been fortunate enough to through natural means nip this in the bud. At same time I have read many success stories using same natural treatment when cancers including Lymphoma manifest in digestive tract or elsewhere. I am on here as ByeLymphoma and hope you might in some way benefit from my "Smokey's" situation.