Possible Ear Mites?

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Ear mites are highly contagious, meaning if Misha has them, his sister likely does too. Have you checked her ears as well? Either way, you can call the vet and ask if there is a treatment they would recommend you use without bringing your cat(s) to the vet. I don't know if they would, but it can't hurt to ask.
Ear Mites in Cats: Causes, Symptoms & Treatment - Cats.com

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Congrats on your new kitty, Misha. :clap2: I didn't really see anything in the photo that resembled ear mites. It could possibly be a build up of ear wax. However, if he's scratching his ear, shaking his head or you notice more black dots that weren't there before definitely contact your vet. Please keep us updated.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Liquidimports

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for all the replies. I checked Vasilisa’s ears and they look good no dark spots. I still have bear mite medicine from our old cat (RIP) so just in case I put some on the cute tip and put some on his ear. There is no shaking head or scratching so I think it’s just ear wax. I will keep an eye on that. Thank you all

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Such a cute cat. I wouldn’t be immediately thinking ear mites from those black dots. To me ( not a vet) it looks like ear wax.
Ear mites are usually very itchy, and usually there is copious amounts of black wax. Also, the mites are microscopic, so you won’t see them with the naked eye.