Possible aspiration in 2 week old foster

Mochiandme

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm fostering 4 2ish week olds and I've been feeding for the past 3 days while off work. My mom got last week when she was on vacation. It seems like they get used to who's feeding them and the other has issues at first. She just started up again because I go to work tomorrow. She had all of them and there was possible milk going out of his nose. He's a difficult eater and usually gets milk everywhere. Are there signs of aspiration? I did the head thing that helps get milk out of the nose that the foster lady said to do if there was any. And the rib punch thing to help break up anything in the lungs.

Xena44

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Do you hear any fluid in the lungs or do they sound like normal in and out breathing when you put your ear to the chest? Are they acting ok? Are they coughing or open mouth breathing?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mochiandme

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Do you hear any fluid in the lungs or do they sound like normal in and out breathing when you put your ear to the chest? Are they acting ok? Are they coughing or open mouth breathing?
He makes this sound but I think it's a normal kitten noise. Like a quiet whining. He's acting normally, he's less active than the rest. No coughing or open mouth breathing. Thank you for your reply.

Xena44

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
He makes this sound but I think it's a normal kitten noise. Like a quiet whining. He's acting normally, he's less active than the rest. No coughing or open mouth breathing. Thank you for your reply.
Keep a close eye on him. If you put your ear to his chest and hear anything raspy or gurgly, I’d say get him to the vet ASAP. If he’s not eating, if he gets real droopy, or showing any respiratory distress, to the vet he goes. If you’re really not sure, a vet visit sounds prudent. no problem. 😉

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mochiandme

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Keep a close eye on him. If you put your ear to his chest and hear anything raspy or gurgly, I’d say get him to the vet ASAP. If he’s not eating, if he gets real droopy, or showing any respiratory distress, to the vet he goes. If you’re really not sure, a vet visit sounds prudent. no problem. 😉
Thank you so much!