Status
Not open for further replies.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

Needless to say I just edited my post!

I'm in my PJ's too - but mine have moons and a real life cat trying to get on. Don't catch swine flu from your pj's, Kelle!
Ohh..I didn't think of that!
Swine flu is bad in my area so I better watch out! A couple of students at Jake's work have been quarantined because they were in contact with some students who have it.

I should say why I am happy:

My research proposal looks good - the tutors are really happy with it and since it is something that there isn't much research on, I am excited!

I only have 2 more exams to go and I am done for the semester. That reminds me, I better go and study!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been away for too long and managed to lurk only a handful of times, I miss this place so it is pleasant to be on here this morning.

A couple of positive things that happened in the last few weeks.
I bought a car

I got my driving license

I made an excellent breakfast of mushrooms on toast this morning

and my doctor is positive that i am pregnant although my wee test came back negative! its a one in 200 chance we shall find out Friday!

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Congratulations Fran...

Positive quote of today for share with all of you...

In doing your work in the great world, it is a safe plan to follow a rule I once heard on the football field: Don't flinch, don't fall; hit the line hard.

-- --Theodore Roosevelt

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am thankful for some new (used) clothes from my neighbour (I was over there this morning cuz she's going through a very rough time at the moment so while chatting we were reorganising her closet), and am glad I am able to support people in their time of need and they feel comfortable talking to me.

I am also happy that, my friend smoked in front of me (she repeatedly asked to make sure I was fine with it) and I had no urge to smoke at all

lil maggie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chris...I'm soooo glad you're not smoking!!
What a huge obstacle to overcome!! I'm so proud of you!

I'm thankful today because I was able to give to AMVETS some of the things around my house that I really don't need

I'm thankful that even though we had some really scary Tstorms last night, that it turned out to be a gorgeous day!

I'm thankful that my family and furries are all healthy and safe!

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm currently watching my 14 month old Persian girl Fluffy playing with a hair tie in the lounge and it is so cute. She had a show bath on Monday and she looks so adorable because her coat is just like silk and it's flicking everywhere.

Fluffy also wanted to make a new friend and snuck up on Sophie beind the curtain. Sophie wasn't impressed but Fluffy keeps trying!
I like her positive attitude

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

I'm currently watching my 14 month old Persian girl Fluffy playing with a hair tie in the lounge and it is so cute. She had a show bath on Monday and she looks so adorable because her coat is just like silk and it's flicking everywhere.

Fluffy also wanted to make a new friend and snuck up on Sophie beind the curtain. Sophie wasn't impressed but Fluffy keeps trying!
I like her positive attitude
AWWW! Fluffy is SO cute - I loved how her fur smelled at the cat show!

I am happy because I stocked up on polyprops for the winter.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Fran - that is so exciting!!!!!!!!!!!

Kellye - what are polyprops?

I'm thankful today, because Gary had a MUCH better day today than he did yesterday!
In fact - he's sleeping as I type!

I'm also really happy because someone really sweet and special reached out to me and I took the opportunity to make a new friend.

I also love reading this thread!

I'm smiling!

Laurie

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

Fran - that is so exciting!!!!!!!!!!!

Kellye - what are polyprops?

I'm thankful today, because Gary had a MUCH better day today than he did yesterday!
In fact - he's sleeping as I type!

I'm also really happy because someone really sweet and special reached out to me and I took the opportunity to make a new friend.

I also love reading this thread!

I'm smiling!

Laurie
Laurie - polyprops is slang for thermals - aka long johns. I went to a shop that had a massive sale 3 thermals for the price of 1 which is pretty good as I got the more expensive ones as they last for ages and they are really comfortable - I practically live in them!

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kiwideus

AWWW! Fluffy is SO cute - I loved how her fur smelled at the cat show!

I am happy because I stocked up on polyprops for the winter.
Yeah it smells so good! She's such a little princess and she knows it!!

Yay! I love polyprops!! I'll need them for sure when I go to Auckland in 2 weeks. It's not as warm as Wgtn or Chch up there

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
I'm leaving this morning for a vacation at the North Rim of the Grand Canyon with both of my sisters and their husbands. I'm so glad I have the kind of relationship with my family that makes this kind of vacation fun.

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This weekend I got voted in to my sci-fi group as the new VP, with my friend as the new Prez. We've been planning it, and it was inevitable (we were the only ones running). We're starting to rev up the engines and get things changing. Only for the better, though! I just started the overhaul of the outdated website... feels good.

I'm dropping off some donations for Cat Adoption Team today... those wonderful kitties always need it!

I actually woke up with no pain today... since i fell asleep last night IN a lot of it, this is a good morning.

Starting the moving process. FIVE WEEKS!!!! I'm so happy to be moving into a new place and getting out of this depressing neighborhood.

So, a bunch of little things, but all good... new starts, purging the old...

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am thankful my friend resolved the issues with her daughter that had her so distraught yesterday

Asteria

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is a wonderful thread.

Let's see. . .

Our car is fixed, and we made it to the store without getting stranded (like last time).

After months of waiting, I have my computer and internet back.

I cleaned all day yesterday, and my living is much more comfortable and cozy.

I found the hardware installation CD and new ink cartridges for my printer and finally got good pictures of my fur babies to put into nice new frames.

My kitties and dogs make me feel comfortable and safe and warm and happy.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am thankful that my life is generally stable. It may be boring, but it is stable right now.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I took Much into the vet because she has been vomiting. She has kept lunch and dinner down so I'm happy with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.