Positive cat introduction stories?

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
When my husband and I moved in together, we each had a cat. Much was 3 and Petunia was 5. We tried the introductions but that lasted 5 hours because we felt guilty about keeping them separated from us(really didn't know a lot about cats at the time). But somehow, these two females worked out a guarded truce. Much did try to play sometimes but got a hiss from Petunia. They usually stayed out of each other's way but there was some hissing when they crossed paths. The most interesting about these two is that they were fine if they didn't see each other. Much would settle in my lap and then Pet would jump up. If I held a magazine up between them until Pet settled down next to me, then they would lay there without incident, back-to-back. As they grew older, they decided that sunspots were neutral territory. http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b3...ia/sunspot.jpg

After we lost Petunia, Lucy came to us as a kitten. I wouldn't recommend it because Much was 10 at the time, but we did proper introductions and it went well. Much tolerates Lucy and Lucy adores Much.

We then got Carly. Again we did the introductions with Carly being separated from the others about a week. Much and Carly will sniff each other. Lucy tends to hiss and whack Carly when she gets too close but there isn't any fighting. They will stalk and chase one another.

So I lucked out that I ended up with four sweeties that didn't make life difficult for each other.