Poseidon got out!!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh wow! I'm glad you cought him! Velvet has pulled that stunt on me a few times throughout the years. Let's just say she's got 2 different id's on her for that reason
(as do all of my other girls- thankfully though they haven't tried that yet.) Velvet is now used to going on walks in the garden i planted for them outside. (catnip and cat grass
and other cat friendly plants). Also they get flea treatment once a month just in case even though they're indoors only-since i have a dog(she's indoors too -but she goes outside to the bathroom-so that's why). All of my furbabies are indoors only - so they only go for walks outside when the weather is nice- but i have noticed that since i've started walking them regurally (except abilene and isabella- they want nothing to do with "roughing it" outside
) they are much better and don't try to escape- namely velvet. I still watch her like a hawk though
I'm glad you were able to catch your escape artist tonight lol....i bet your neighbors thought you were a crazy cat lady running outside like that
I remember one time i was chasing Velvet- all of my hispanic neighbors busted out laughing at me chasing a cat
it was embaressing
Velvet put on quite a show and left a few marks on me too

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by eilcon

Maybe Poseidon and Pete should get together for some guy talk about their big outdoor adventures.
no way, no exchanging of "how to escape" notes

Originally Posted by Jean44

I'm glad you caught your adventurous boy. Poseidon, you can't scare your meowmy like that!
that's right!
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Oh Katie I'm so glad you caught him!!! Although, I too wouldn't mind seeing video evidence of "the great chase". In fact, I'd pay to see video evidence!
Maybe if you quit calling him Posey, he'd quit trying to get out! LOL

Originally Posted by Oscarsmommy

I am so glad you caught him! I hope he and Circe are doing well!
they are doing great! both are wonderful kitties
Originally Posted by wookie130

Oh, I would have had a heart attack!!! I'm so glad you caught up with him...that's some scary stuff!
I was really afraid I wasn't going to catch him, or he was going to get somewhere I couldn't get to him
Originally Posted by Leto86

I swear my heart beats out of my chest everytime a cat makes a dart at the door.

Only twice have they ever got out, nacho and Orion. Popped a screen out Now they are all screwed in.

Glad you caught him! I'd have been a mess while running after him.
Jinx did the screen thing, one her 2nd day! she came back though
Originally Posted by babyharley

Yikes!! Thats scary- I'm happy you got him though!

Well, this made me think, maybe you SHOULD get him a big collar and some grillz, and then instead of a big clock- get him a BIG compass, so if he gets out again, he can find his way home

Originally Posted by theimp98

Glad you caught him.

You know it could be cause you changed his name,so he wants to get away
to you too!!

Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Oh wow! I'm glad you cought him! Velvet has pulled that stunt on me a few times throughout the years. Let's just say she's got 2 different id's on her for that reason (as do all of my other girls- thankfully though they haven't tried that yet.) Velvet is now used to going on walks in the garden i planted for them outside. (catnip and cat grass and other cat friendly plants). Also they get flea treatment once a month just in case even though they're indoors only-since i have a dog(she's indoors too -but she goes outside to the bathroom-so that's why). All of my furbabies are indoors only - so they only go for walks outside when the weather is nice- but i have noticed that since i've started walking them regurally (except abilene and isabella- they want nothing to do with "roughing it" outside ) they are much better and don't try to escape- namely velvet. I still watch her like a hawk though
I'm glad you were able to catch your escape artist tonight lol....i bet your neighbors thought you were a crazy cat lady running outside like that I remember one time i was chasing Velvet- all of my hispanic neighbors busted out laughing at me chasing a cat it was embaressing Velvet put on quite a show and left a few marks on me too
I'm really glad that at least I didn't see anyone, although I'm sure someone saw me, but I don't know who they are if that makes sense

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was actually really scared to read this, but I saw that you'd updated, and I was hoping that it was 'he's come back' - I'm so glad that you got him - I was rooting for you even if I couldn't bear looking.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Satai

I was actually really scared to read this, but I saw that you'd updated, and I was hoping that it was 'he's come back' - I'm so glad that you got him - I was rooting for you even if I couldn't bear looking.
oh I caught him right away. as soon as he did the dash i was hot on his heels! he didn't get very far at all, but he made Meowmy run through the snow in my PJs with an ouchy foot
not a good way to endear himself to me

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bad beefcake, I mean Poseidon. I bet that is payback for calling him Posey!!

But really I am glad this story has a happy ending and he is back inside. Safe and sound!