Portia: One month (and a few days)

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
*snerk* As I sit here at my desk, she's going all manic and goofy on whatever cat toy (or pen) happens to be in front of her. She's having a ball.

She mimics her big sister with the attention-getter of "dig my claws into the seat of mom's office chair so she'll notice me"

She LOVES being groomed on her belly... her bad habit of wrapping her fangs around your finger is still there, but 99% of the time, she just bites down to get attention, not to harm... I've just let her at this point... it's one of her quirks. I'll gradually break her of the habit, but I'm picking my battles. Those are still with JoJo. JJ is asserting her alpha status, despite Portia's "I'm CUTE!" poses... namely at food times. She swats at Portia sometimes, but the water bottle comes out and rarely has to be used. JJ knows what that thing does. I also hiss at her to stop... and she usually does. She's getting better.

JJ is giving in most of the time to letting her sleep up on the bed now. Of course, she always curls up partially ON me, like my legs, which I've never had a cat do... so I now can sympathize with those here who have cat who sleep on you. hard to move when you can feel her purring herself to sleep draped along your legs. First few times Portia tried to sleep on the bed with us, JJ hissed and growled at her until she jumped off. So she's doing much better.

Her personality is really shining now. Very goofy and wanting to be in the middle of everything I do... JoJo has yet to let her get (well, STAY) close to me when we're all on the couch. I just throw a corner of the blanket over JJ so she can't see Portia. She calms down and things go back to normal.

She plays Tag with my feet. does the butt wiggle like she's going to attack my feet, but if she does pounce, there's no claws and she just does one pounce and then runs... TAG! YOU'RE IT!!

Very goofy girl. I will get more pictures up of her... once I get some decent light. She does the prairie dog stance when I have food dishes in my hands... Silly little girl...

catbehaviors

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope JoJo warms up just a little bit more soon! Wessie almost always sleeps on my legs, and I never move...wouldn't want to make a poor little kitty sad.

Portia sounds precious, and I would love to see some pics!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A new game she learned this morning: snagging a fluffy cat toy (with a hard core and nose), flinging it into the metal water bowl, with it hitting the edge and making a bell sound before it lands in the water...

silly girl.

rianna

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
What a funny girl. It sounds like she's fitting right in. She is so lucky to have found you!