Popcorn + Harness = Rolling Kitten

laggyducky

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This is the first time I have harness trained a cat. With my dogs as long as they got to go outside they didn't care. With Minion he doesn't need a harness since he is afraid to approach my backyard fence let alone go out of it and he runs back to his room when the front door is opened lately. 

I felt bad for laughing hysterically but I put the harness on her (H style) at first she didn't seem to notice since she was on top of her cat tree looking at birds. Then she got off the tree and noticed it. At first she tried backing out of it and biting at it. Then she gave up on that and flopped over refusing to move. Eventually she got bored with laying in one spot but instead of walking she did an "army crawl" for 2-3 steps and literally started rolling like a log across the floor to her food bowl. I was in tears. 

Today is not too bad she isn't happy about it but she is semi-walking now. I checked everything to make sure nothing was too tight or twisted. 

Hopefully she gets used to it. I started the harness training because she has taken to bolting out of the front door and I live beside of a busy street. 

This is the look I am getting anytime I speak to her. She is so mad. 

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She is likely plotting revenge.  No toes will be safe. She will probably get used to the harness soon. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

laggyducky

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She still rolls when I first put it on her but only for a few minutes. She went out on the leash for the first time yesterday. She did great until a car went by then I found out what a tree feels like when a cat bolts up them. It was funny but painful. 

faecat13

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
metpet.com has cat walking jackets that look to be more comfertable than the standard harness. 

But you should see my kitten when I put her harness on, she looks so sad and also does the army crawl until two hours later when she forgets its there and is trying to get to the bird tree.