Poor thing ... (Kind of long ...)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

molly&sophie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey everyone! Thanks for all the vibes. :]

We went to the vets today, and ust got back.
I thought I'd tell you all how the cats doing.

He's doing really well, they said.
When we went to see him, he was laying in the corner of his cage, resting.
His legs all wrapped up, and they've got an IV in him; they had this blue cast thing around the leg it was in so he couldn't move it around.
And they got rid of all of his fleas, which is great.

He's such a pretty cat; really small though.
He's got a cone around his head, too. I don't think he was very happy about it ...

They said that they'd like to neuter him wall he's there; I can't remeber why.
They said that they're going to do surgery on him tomorrow, and we can pick him up on wendsday; we'll have to bring him every 2-3 days to have his bandages changed, though.

Anyway, I'm just glad he's doing so well.
He seemed a little wary of us, though.
I don't blame him.
After what happened to him, I would be to.
Oh, and by the way, it's a boy. I almost forgot to put that.
:] We're trying to think of a name for him; they said if we come up with one, to call them. They've just been calling him cat up until now.

I wonder what we'll call him ...

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks so much for the update.
Sending lots of and Prayers that the surgery goes well.

Good luck with picking a name...our cats have always had human names...I've just always looked at their faces and their names have just come to me.

Bless you and your parents for helping the dear little guy.

shorty14788

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you and your family for saving the little guy. People like you are to few and far between. Please keep us updated on how the little boy is doing. Lots of healing vibes for him...

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That was so wonderful of you to help that poor kitty! Glad to hear hes doing better!

Heres unlimited healing & calming for that sweet kitty!

molly&sophie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey, everyone. Just thought I'd go and say how he's doing ...

Not so well.
We took him home today; he's stayed in his cage most of the time, resting.
Several minutes ago, we took him out of his cage to give him his medicine, anti-biotics, I believe, and he shot off before we could get him; he ran into the kitchen. When mom went to get him, I closed the basement door ... just in case.

Anyway, he ran off again, this time into the family room. And this time ...
He pee'd. He was so scared, he pee'd. Good thing we have wooden floors.

Anyway, he ran around the room, and when I almost got him ... I knocked something over.
And then he ran into the living room.
Anyway, he got into the corner, and I was able to get him when he ran, righ to me, too.
Mom wraped him in an old blanket, and we desided to take him into the upstairs bathroom; there really aren't any places to run, and we can close the door.
We were able to give him his medicine; he was actually pretty good about it; he didn't struggle at all.
After that, we tried to put him into his cage, and then ran to the corner of the room. When I picked him up, he freaked out and crapped all over the floor in fear. D: The poor little guy; he's just so scared.

Anyway, we desided to put him in one of the showers; we never use it, we think it's to small. It has sliding glass doors, and we're able to fit his litterbox and his food dish into it, and he's got plenty of room to find a place to sleep; we put lots of nice soft towels in it, and the blanket we used before.

However, we're really worried; he's not eating, and I don't think he's had anything to drink, either.
We went to the store and got some wet foor for him (The vet said that that's what they were feeding him, so we thought he might eat that instead), but he hasn't eaten any yet. At least, I don't think he has.

Hopefully he'll eat some soon, and have some water.

We're also worried about him being so afraid and stuff; we hope he'll get over it at some point; if not, we're going to be in trouble.

I wish we could do something ...
Any ideas?

Oh! And we figured out a name for him; Reid.
After a character on a TV show I like.
I think it's a nice name~

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry the poor little guy is so scared, but I guess after all he's been though it's understandable.

I have a question about the size of the shower he's in.
How big is it?
If it's too small you've probably got a problem, because he's not going to eat, sleep and poop all within a very confined space.
Could you take him out of the shower and just keep him in the bathroom where the shower is located?

When we brought Elliott in we kept him in our spare bathroom.
His food was on one side of the room and his litter box on the other side of the room, his bed was somewhere in the middle but much closer to the food than to the litter.

Good luck, I hope the little guy calms down very soon, bless his little heart.

lilyluvscats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Good luck. I'm sure he'll be ok. Our new kitty didn't eat for 24-36 hours when we rescued him in November. It's not unusual to take a day or 2 to calm down enough to eat.

molly&sophie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
:] Don't worry; the shower's plenty big; bigger then the cage they had him in at the vets.
Anyway, he ate his food last night, and he went to the bathroom, and I'm pretty sure he drank some water.

We took him out of the shower a little bit ago and gave him his medicine. He kicked a bunch of litter in the shower, so my dad cleaned it all up.
My mom brushed him out with a comb; a lot of hair came off. He's got pretty long hair.
:] he didn't freak out, and didn't flinch when we pet him, and when we put him on the floor, he didn't run off; he just lay there and let up pet him some more.

We gave him more food, and when we put him back into the shower, he ate all of it; my mom put more in there, an when I checked on him a few minutes ago, he ate all of that, too!

I think he's doing a lot better; the fact that he let us watch him as he ate and let us comb him must mean he's starting to trust ... a little.

Oh, and he was shivering somewhat, too; the bathrooms really not that cold, but we put this little heater we have in there to warm the room up.
Hopefully it'll help.