Poor tatty stray affecting resident cat

minka

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's always good to plan to "catch" them a day beforehand so this kind of thing doesn't happen. :nod:

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

cookietown

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I planed to bring him in after tea the day before but he didn't come back, he never missed tea before :( still haven't seen him, I'm hoping someone else is feeding him so he is trying his luck there.

cookietown

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Still no sign of George :( Not seen him now since wednesday lunch time. I'm hoping that someone else has been looking after him and they have taken him in.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well the plan was to take him in this morning, but as if he knew where he was going he wandered off yesterday lunch time and hasn't been back since. Hope he shows soon.
HOW does this always happen. :sigh: Because, this is not the first time I have heard of this. The cat's seem to have ESP or something. OH I really hope that he comes back, hun. As I am sure he will. :nod: Hang in there and keep us posted. :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes: for George's return. And, yes, it is possible that IF he does not return, that someone else has taken him in. Somehow, though, I think he will be back if he can. :nod:

Last edited:

cookietown

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm staying positive, he wandered off an hour before his first vet check, to see if he had a chip, and came back half an hour after the appointment would have been. I'm sure he will be back once whoever has taken him in starts letting him outside again, if only to play with Manson. I'm staying positive though

cookietown

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
George came back this morning :) I was still in bed but my housemate fed him. He was gone when I got up but I'm sure he will be back again soon and we can bring him in and book his neutering 

kitsey

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm a lurker here but I've been following this thread and was so worried when George wandered off, so glad to hear he's back! :)

cookietown

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Me too, I was starting to get worried, we let him in for a bit last night but he ran off as soon as the door opened, hopefully he will be back today, though I haven't seen him yet this morning

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Great news!!! SO happy for you!! I hate it when they pull that disappearing act on us :slant: But somehow they always return. :D Hopefully the next update will be that he is on his way to the vet :lol3: :cross: :happy3: :vibes:

cookietown

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hopefully he will be coming in tomorrow night ready for the vets. 

cookietown

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Like the psychic George is he has only been back now and then so I couldn't get him to the vets for his neutering, hence my absence since I haven't had any updates.

Well George came back tonight for tea and he had a very deep gash on his forehead so in the carry case he went and down to the out of hours vet to be checked.

The very nice vet said that it looked like it could do with stitches but since it looks like it was done with a claw it was likely to be infected so she couldn't stitch it up, but she took him to clean him up where the nurse could keep hold of him gave him an injection of antibiotic and a painkiller/anti inflamitory. When she brought him back to me she told me that she hadn't needed the nurse he just sat there and let her clean him :) thats how much of a softie he is. She said that the injections she gave him wouldn't interfere when I catch him again for his neutering so I booked him in for the morning and left him there overnight so tomorrow he will be neutered and cleaned up and hopefully happy. 

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
WELL!!!! Yes, George certainly is giving you a "run for your money" in trying to catch him. WOW what a sweet guy allowing the vet to fix up his gash. YAY no stitches. :clap: AND :woo: He gets neutered tomorrow! AW poor George... what a day he is having. :lol3: Dont' worry, he will be just fine. :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes: For George :rub: :vibes::vibes:

cookietown

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It was horrible seeing him with that gash on his head, especially since earlier in the day I had been complaining about his dissapearing acts. Hopefully now I can bring him in get him healthy and find him a forever home, thinking of starting him his own thread about how he adjusts to living in the house with 3 other cats and how the introductions go and the hunt for his new hoe but I don't know where I would put it.

cookietown

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
George came back from the vets earlier, and quite an adventure it was. I heard him coming as the nurse brought him back out to me, he really doesn't like the carry case being carried. Then the receptionist couldn't work out how to take the voucher off the fees so i have to go back in tomorrow to pay. waiting for the taxi George was nice and calm until I picked up his case to get in the taxi and he discovered he could escape from the carrier by throwing all his weight at the door as it tilted. Thankfully once free he didn't know where to go so I swooped him up and with the taxi drivers help got him back in the case. As we got home he realised where we were and escaped again so I opened the door and have been sat waiting for him to come back since.

So going to the vets was quite an experience for poor George. 

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:shocker: OMG OMG I can't believe that!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH thank goodness you were able to scoop him up. I would be crying right now :lol3: if he got away feeling so bad for you AND George. SO he is back safe and sound. PHEW!!! I totally agree that you should start a new thread for George - all his own. :nod: Wishing you the best of luck :D :clap: :vibes: Hope he is feeling good and I bet he is happy to be back home. :rub:

cookietown

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thankfully he thought to escape the carry case but not to run away, he just sat next to me and waited for me to put him back :) He is very happy to be home, Trixie is not so happy he is home.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OH Trixie..... of course she is a bit miffed. :lol3: George smells MUCH different. She will get past it soon. :nod: :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

cookietown

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I know but she has started making this constant little whining noise when she can smell him, sounds like she is in pain :( poor kitty

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I know but she has started making this constant little whining noise when she can smell him, sounds like she is in pain :( poor kitty
AW Trixie... yeah - they can make some pretty awful - gutteral sounds when they are confused, scared and uneasy. Hope things are better over the weekend. :vibes::vibes: