Poor Spencer

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The flea bath washed off all of the common cat scent from them all. Katie is doing her best to cuddle with her brother, Spencer.  But Spencer is growling at Katie. Abby is growling at the Twins. And poor Katie she looks at me with such confusion.

And to top it off, I think I'm allergic to that flea bath solution.  My asthma has been bothering me since I got them home, and I itch like crazy after holding any of them.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like YOU had a fun evening! You have my sympathies. At least you didn't get shredded in the process.

Maybe try the vanilla solution? I think it's a dab under the nose (or on top of the nose?) and on the base of their tails? (check in the behavior section to be sure.) Its been years since I've tried it but I know it helped one time bringing Monster home from the vet. Once I did that everyone smelled the same and by the time it wore off everything was fine. Its worth a try and can't hurt them.

As for your reaction, I don't know what to tell you. Benadryl? I know you have sensitive skin so do you have a topical ointment you can put on for the itching?

At least you got your kitties taken care of with no bloodshed. That, to me, is a BIG accomplishment! 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At least you got your kitties taken care of with no bloodshed. That, to me, is a BIG accomplishment! 
I shed blood plenty trying to get Abby into the carrier! She got me with the nails of one of her back paws.

Things seem to be returning to normal.  All 3 were in my bed this morning, no growls noted.  Abby even let Katie get up close to her hind end in order to get some cuddles this morning. There was no touching though!  lol

Last edited: