Purraise
Go, Pengy, Go!

Love,

Sophie and Megan

lisalee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So wonderful to hear how well Pengy is doing!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh, Michele, it was wonderful to get more news on you and Pengy. There aren't many days that I don't think of you and Pengy and how she is getting on.

Hope the new job is still going well and that you are happy.

noni

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

Oh, Michele, it was wonderful to get more news on you and Pengy. There aren't many days that I don't think of you and Pengy and how she is getting on.

Hope the new job is still going well and that you are happy.
Yes, the new job is going very very well, and I am rather happy. Growing pains, but such is to be expected...seeing as I have no guidelines, parameters, or anything like that. LOL, but it's fun.

I just gotta tell you all about Miss Thang....for easily the last week, she has been hanging out in the hallway. I've walked past her several times, not realizing she was there, literally within a foot or so of her...and she hasn't moved. Once I did it intentionally, and she tensed but didn't flee, and so I thought that was a great big deal.

Tonight, she followed me into the kitchen because she wanted her dinner...I turned quickly and startled her, but she only went back into the hallway. Then she sat there, watched me fix it up, and then, as I was bringing it into the bedroom, she went to the spot, and ate.

And just a bit ago, I was making a racket in the laundry area, and turned around, and there she was, sitting in the kitchen with Simon. As soon as she realized I had noticed her, she bailed, but still...she had come into the kitchen, sat there and watched me load up the washer and dryer.

Last look she was sitting at the base of the bookcase in the hallway, on the sorted laundry waiting for tomorrow's wash. Just curled up, relaxed...

Man, Miss Thang is coming along...she's such a cute, sweet cat, and has been taking such big steps lately. I love Pengy, you know? I just love her.

Best-
Michele

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by noni

...I love Pengy, you know? I just love her.
We'd never have guessed, Michele
And just in case it wasn't evident, there are a whole bunch of folks out here who share that sentiment.
She's making such strides, and is such a sweetie. You're doing so well with her, too. Haven't said it for a while: Way to go!!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

. . .I love Pengy, you know? I just love her.

Best-
Michele
Michele, when I read that, the tears came flooding to my eyes. I can only imagine how exciting this must be for you after such a long time. I sure hope you will be able to get a picture one of these days so that we can see the brave little cat you rescued.

snowleop

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my! I can't believe the progress Pengy has made over the past month! Michele, this is so WONDERFUL!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
HUGE STEPS !!! It must be so rewarding to see that all your efforts have paid off.

noni

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Photos will be coming - I am getting a new digital one (the last one didn't survive...), and once I do, I'll be a photo fool for sure...and the first thing to do is get you all a good shot of this amazing cat who's come into my life...

A quick update - well, I'm not sure what she's up to...but after turning and seeing her watch me do the laundry, I've been thinking I need to be a bit more aware of my cats and their behavior. So as the last week's progressed, I've seen Pengy many, many times outside the bedroom door, several times in the kitchen, and once or twice hanging out in the hallway on either the dirty laundry or just resting.

I thought that was huge progress. Just huge.

Until tonight...

I was watching the kitties and surfing the net, and decided I needed to look behind me; dunno why, just this feeling to swing the chair around, and see who was doing what.

And there she was, in the shadow of the bookcase, watching me. I greeted her, and turned back to the 'puter...I figured she'd've fled once she realized she had been spotted.

But no...for at least 45 minutes, she stayed there, about 2 feet into the living room, right by the bookcase. She was hyper aware, watching the other cats very carefully, and watching me even moreso. I dangled my hand down for Simon, and he came over, headbutting and purring. I petted him for a bit, and then, with my chair perpendicular to Pengy, I scooped Simon up and just stroked and kissed him for a bit. He laid there and drooled, she crouched there and watched...I thought any moment, she's gone, back into the bedroom, back to a safe spot...but no, literally from 10 to 10:45 that wonderful amazing courageous cat remained in the same room, cautious and nervous but there.

Oh my word...I wonder what's gonna happen next!!!

Just thought I'd let you all know about this new thing...it's starting to feel like I've got 5 cats, you know? Not 4 cats and a shadow, but 5 cats.

Me's a happy kittie mom tonight.

Best-
Michele

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

ooooooooooooooooo yes
i'll just BET you are
what lovely developments! can't WAIT for pics

pardon substandard typing getting a lot of help from cindy tonight

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Michele, I have just managed to catch up - I havent been around much lately and I surely have missed the Pengy updates...

what amazing progress it has been lately - it really brought a tear to my eye... and photos? oh I cant wait

snowleop

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pengy: the cat who NO LONGER lives under the bed!!!!!

The news just keeps getting better and better!! Keep it coming!

noni

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
THanks, guys. She's back into a holding pattern, but that's typical of her. Huge leaps forward, and then nothing for a while. She is still cropping up in unexpected places, and is being a really brave girl when I walk past her. But nothing really new at all for the moment...but again, that seems to be her comfort level.

And that's all right with me. It's cool to see her walking in the hallway, or sneaking into the kitchen.

Thanks for keeping this thread alive, especially since I've been away. You all rock.

Best-
Michele

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

...Just thought I'd let you all know about this new thing...it's starting to feel like I've got 5 cats, you know? Not 4 cats and a shadow, but 5 cats.

Best-
Michele
Well - the "holding pattern" sounds great to me! I've been all smiles since getting caught up, and when I read what you wrote above, my face just wasn't big enough for the grin!

Michele - if anyone rocks, it's YOU for keeping Pengy alive and giving her such a happy home. When that headbutt finally comes, the trust between you two will be a bond like no other. In fact - it's not just you that rocks, Pengy rocks, too!!!!!!!!!!!