Poor Bijou

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
The poor little sweetie!!! Sedning LOTS of good vibes his way!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Poor Bijou. I wonder what he could have gotten them caught on? Do you have heating grates or radiators? Jamie ripped a claw out when it got caught in the top of a radiator, and one of my mom's dogs really cut his feet on the air vent (the grate has been replaced since then).

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Continued good vibes for Mr Bijou. Waiting anxiously for word. I hope it's something easily dealt with. Poor sweet Bijou
Poor Mum
Poor Sis

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ok, Bijou has been seen by the vet and she said that it looks as though he got caught and tried too hard to get away. She said there is no swelling and he has no temperature and that he should heal nicely but we are to keep an eye on him so he doesn't climb anything.

Maybe my husband will listen to me and not let him outside for a few days - one can only hope.

I'll need to give him extra loving tonight as he wasn't a happy camper at the vet. Jen said he was cowering, poor little fellow.

I'm just glad he didn't have an infection.

Thanks for all your good vibes and prayers folks.

Love from Bijou and his family.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Glad to hear it's nothing serious, Linda.

So, Bijou -- what were you into, to do that to yourself?
You be careful, now, so that you heal quickly -- OK?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm a bit miffed with my DH. He called to find out what the vet said and when I told him, he said he knew it wasn't anything to worry about and that he was glad I had the money to throw away on a vet visit for nothing!

Men! It's probably his fault that Bijou hurt his paws in the first place because he lets him outside while he's working in the garage and doesn't watch him like he should. Last night about 10 pm he couldn't find Bijou because he had gotten out of his harness. I took a flashlight and went looking for him and when I called him he came thanks goodness. Why are men so stubborn and sure they are so right? We have a lot of issues around this - I don't want Bijou outside at all and he thinks it's only fair to let Bijou out. Grrrrrrr.

Other than that, he's a really good husband and father, just stubborn.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Linda i've just caught up with this now

I'm so pleased it's nothing serious though and that Bijou should heal ok

Aren't you pleased your a woman when it comes to thinking smart

No offence you chaps!.

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope Bijou is okay, When I first got Sibohan she had been found walking near a busy highway, she had had kittens (they were never found) and her paw pads were so chapped and bleading that she could scarsely walk. When I adopted her she had been a serogate mother, because she was still produceing milk, and her paws were bandaged. After the cuts healed I started rubbing a prescription cream from the vet into her pads because they were so dry and cracked.... it took months but she now has soft little pink and black pads. I know this probably dosn't help Bijou's situation but does go to show that even when paws are hurt cats can bounce back with the care of a good owner. Take care of your kitty *hugs*