poopy apartment

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey Beryl... the best idea the vet could come up with for you is to get a Litter Maid... she said that while that would be a rather expensive solution, it would get rid of the waste fast so that Ebony wouldn't have time to play with it.

That being said, I thought that there were issues with kittens and Litter Maids, but she said she hadn't heard any, and neither had the other vet.

Sorry she wasn't much more help! Why don't you just tell Ebony to cut it out, that Auntie Ariana thinks it's gross and that she sent much better presents for her to play with already!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

berylayn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jen

sorry if you said this already, is the litterbox you have covered?
The litterbox is uncovered. It was a space saving solution in our apartment. When we move we do plan to get something covered because Eb kicks litter everywhere.

berylayn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pinkdaisy226

Hey Beryl... the best idea the vet could come up with for you is to get a Litter Maid... she said that while that would be a rather expensive solution, it would get rid of the waste fast so that Ebony wouldn't have time to play with it.

That being said, I thought that there were issues with kittens and Litter Maids, but she said she hadn't heard any, and neither had the other vet.

Sorry she wasn't much more help! Why don't you just tell Ebony to cut it out, that Auntie Ariana thinks it's gross and that she sent much better presents for her to play with already!
Thanks Ari!! She did better today. I put smelly socks by the box and around the house and she played with them. No gross messes to come home too. Hopefully this will prove to be a less expensive and more lasting solution.
I hope Baylee did well at the vet today

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Beryl,

I'm sorry to chuckle, but it sounds like turds are her choice in toys
I'm sure she's just playing. I'm glad to see she likes you socks.

berylayn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thanks everyone for all of your advice.

We decided last night to try two things:

1) buy a covered litterbox

2) change her food to see if there may be some kind of nutrient deficiency causing her to to want to play with the stuff in the box.

So far the food she really likes so that hasn't been a problem, but a new problem has arisen. When we bought the covered box we had to put it in a new location. A) she did not like the covered box and B) she did not like the new location. So today she chose to pee in one of her beds (not ours thank godness) and pee on our carpet in the office (after we took the bed away). So we have taken the cover off the box and put it back in the old location for now.

Any ideas for trying to move and change her type of litterbox next week sometime? I was thinking of first moving it with 'old litter' to the new location and keeping it uncovered, and then once she gets used to using the new location then covering the box. Would this be the right way to do it?

maverick_kitten

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
try using a big plastic childs storage box for her litter, one which she'll have to jump in and out of. it doesnt really take up that much space and she cant get the poop out. my kitten loves it, it gives her the space she needs to kick her litter about and it doesnt go on the carpet.

you could try lots of things for her to play with that you hide when you get home so she doesnt get bored of like cardboard boxes with holes cut in and things to climb.

also you could try using a feliway plug in so she feels a little calmer when your away.

kristin23

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I can empathize. Our cats seem to like to use their feces to communicate, too. When I had my wisdom teeth taken out in high school, we moved the recliner from the den into the family room for me. That was Big Kitty's chair, and he was really ticked that someone moved it. So, he promptly went back to where it used to be in the den and pooped right in the spot it used to be and just glared at us. When Gus and Liz lose their toy balls or toy mice, I'll help the kittens look for them some, but I refuse to go out and buy them more. So, they get tired of playing with the lazer pointer or their catnip octopus, and go dig out clumps of poop to bat around the floor. Haven't figured out how to handle that one. I'm not going to keep buying them toy balls when they lose the ones they have, but I'm not thrilled about the makeshift "poopballs" either. lol.

Kristin

courtney_ou

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
my cat left litter-covered poo for me in the middle of the kitchen floor. it was the very 1st thing i saw when i walked in the door.

she was mad cuz i blocked her hideyhole