Poop Situation

hadd

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
it all started when she would get poop on her self (tail and near her butt) she's long haired.
this never happened before .we would trim some hair near that area and cut the pooped hair.
her poop was soft to the point it would stick & like I said this never happened before. we started giving her starch mixed with water with the help of a syringe in order to harden her poop. one day she got a really REALLY watery diarrhoea that even got on her feet. after that we put her on a 12hr fasting, cancelled dry food, cook her bland chicken with rice. she didn't poop for approximately a day, but did eventually. and today I witnessed poop on the floor, in 2 places near the litter box with already uncovered poop in the litter box! I don't know if she pooped in the litter box first then moved to drop a crap in the other places! or the opposite.

when we first noticed her poop sticking we would watch her when she poop then hold her to check her and if there is anything we take her to the bathroom and clean her( not fully tho, we only did this when she got diarrhoea) and then it became like she knows and would be running immediately after using the litter box. were we stressing her by doing this ? :(

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1 Buy unscented baby wipes for those accidents and maybe keep her hair short there? 2 Bring a stool sample in for your vet? She may have parasites or a food allergy. 3 Instead of starch I would try mixing in baby rice cereal into her wet food. Please tell us when you find out what is causing it?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hadd

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
1 Buy unscented baby wipes for those accidents and maybe keep her hair short there? 2 Bring a stool sample in for your vet? She may have parasites or a food allergy. 3 Instead of starch I would try mixing in baby rice cereal into her wet food. Please tell us when you find out what is causing it?
thank you for your replay!
she only had a diarrhoea once, could it still probably be a parasite?
also would a rice cerealc be good choice?
thank you I sure will :)

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mixing rice cereal into their gruel/wet food was the vet's holistic idea for wee kittens with a VERY bad case of the runs. It works :) Still I would have a vet check on your cat/have her show you how to tell if your cat is seriously dehydrated.

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
Simply abruptly changing a cars diet can give them diarreah. Get her back on her normal food and that should resolve itself. But definitely get the vet check and stool sample analysis. In the long run, some long hair cats have issues with poop or urine on their hind ends because the fur back there is so long. You might be able, if she tolerated grooming to clip it shorter. If not it's baby wipes or bathing. You have never seen a crabbier cat, by the way, than my long haired Siamese was when she needed to have her behind shaved due to chaffing caused by pee/poop on her skin. After that I had her shaved all over every six months by the vet. Expensive since she needed sedation but no more butt issues and she loved her shaved fur.