poop flying

heidik

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I don't really think there is anything I can do about this but was wondering if anyone has ever experienced it. I have a very finicky cat when it comes to using the litter. She has went through many stages where we have to figure out what is up and get her back in the litter. She has had her litter changed a billion times, she can't have a cover, we have two litter boxes, we clean it as soon as it gets dirty.

Well, we thought she had started it up again and then my husband spied the truth. The pile of poo outside the litterbox is flicked out by her while burying. she literally grazed the poop and out it went. This happens almost daily now. We have a high edge with lip on our litter boxes to stop spilling out. but she manages to flick it over that.

Will this lead her to being "dirty". do we just need to keep cleaning up her oopsies. any ideas?

ducman69

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Get a big sterelite or similar plastic storage box (with or without lid on per preference) and cut a hole in one of the sides. The hole can be elevated with a block on the outside if you like, just not too high for really small or elderly cats since its harder to jump off of soft substrate to get back out.

This should make it near impossible to make the field goal kick with the poo.

And make sure the litter is deep enough, as cats often get crazy w/ digging when its too shallow.

Alternatively, if your cat will take to it, you can just go all the way and get a top entry litterbox.

ligwa

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have two very deep boxes and two not so deep. One of my kitties likes the sides around him. He also seems to like the litter deep.