Pollýanna might have cancer

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pollyanna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, here comes the update...

Pollýanna had the operation yesterday, her ovaries and uterus were removed. The vet said the uterus was really nasty looking, far too big, and the walls were far to thick and it was just not looking good. The vet that examined her last thursday, did the op, and she was so surprized that the cysts were even bigger yesterday than last thursday, and they are even bigger today. Now she can only hope they will start to get smaller, since they dont know what to do for her next.

My poor little thing, she was so ill last night, and still is, even though she has eaten now and can walk without falling on her side. She is just so skinny and the cysts are sticking out, and the huge bold part of her front with all the stitches (a bigger cut than with normal spaying, because the uterus was also removed).

I guess all I can do is wait and hope she will get better and the cysts will go away. She just is so weak and fragile, I am so worried for her...

pollyanna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since the stitches have now been taken, and we have had another checkup, so I thought I tell more...

After the op. Pollýanna just slept for 5 days, but woke up to eat and drik a little bit and go to the litterbox 2 times a day. As time went by, she seemed to get weaker instead of better, and on the 5th day, she didn´t move all night and all day untill 6 PM, and then I called the emergency vet number. The vet was also worried, and told me to try to apply heat on her cysts (since they were still growing, and I felt the biggest one was ready to explode), and give them very delicate massage in hope something would come from her nipples and take some of the pressure out.
After this day, she started to get better, and had been getting better, getting a long treat of heat on cysts. The formarly biggest cysts seem so have less pressure, but the 3 newest are now like exploding.

At the checkup last the vet brought back the possibillity of cancer, I think I will make a thread about that in the Health and nutrition forum. Unfortunately there is nothing done here with cancer in cats except an op. to remove the tumor, no other treatment...
if you have any advise, please check out the thread in H&N and give me some!

I really hope and prey for my little girl to get better and I want to thank you again for all your support, you are so great!

The vet wants an update on her cysts in about a week, and then maybe take a sample from the cysts and send them to be analized, and also maybe try to empty them to take the pressure off.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Keeping Pollyanna and you in my thoughts. 02222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222 222222222222222 (That's Trent saying he hopes she gets better too.
)

pollyanna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by valanhb
Keeping Pollyanna and you in my thoughts. 02222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222 222222222222222 (That's Trent saying he hopes she gets better too.
)
Heidi, this is such a sweet message form Trent, Pollýanna is very thankful, she was trying to explain to me what this meant, and apparently, this is some cat lingo!

I often get help like that with my typing

pollyanna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
....I was just reading my post, and just wanted to add that nothing comes from her nipples, and the vet now thinks this is not linked to the nipples, so if she empties the cysts that would mean some anaesthesia, and empy by a needle of some sort...

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am still sending some good vibes for sweet pollyanna. I'm so sorry you both have to go through this.

a_loveless_gem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sending out healing vibes to Pollyanna and you.

Stay calm for her. You're doing everything that you can for her.

I do hope that good news finds it way to you and Pollyanna soon.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You and Pollyanna are in my thoughts - I hope that you have some good news

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by Pollyanna
Hmmmmm, Icelandic is very much so that you just say words like they are spelled, not like french for instance, where you skip half the word

I´ll try to write something with english spelling that sounds like my name.....

OK....first a long e, like "sai", like in I said something for the first to letters, or like send, aslo without the d.

then sell, like selling

then ya, like ya ya sisterhood

so...Saissellya!

But actually, this is the Icelandic version of Cecelia
Thanks for this. It made me understand it alot better.

I'm so sorry to hear Pollyanna isn't getting better. I'm sending out lots of (((vibes))) to her, I hope she improves soon. You and your family are in my thoughts.. HUGS!