Poll: How many hours do you sleep at night?

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I aim for 8 hours sleep, but often it's more like 7 hours. If I can get a good 8 hours, I'm happy, although now I'm pregnant I feel like I need a little more.

grogs

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ideally I like to get about 8 hours. I have a hard time making myself go to bed, so it usually ends up being less. Even if I don't have to go anywhere the next day, I don't like sleeping really late so I'll get about 6-7.

northernglow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night: none. Zero. Nada. Just like most nights. It's horrible. Luckily I usually get some sleep during the day between 5-7p.m. and that's about it.
I think I'll get crazy if I can't fix this soon..
Have to wait 'til february though, they moved my doctor's appointment with 2 f*cking months!!

alicatjoy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I chose to say that I get about 6-8 hours of sleep each night, but, really, that has been more of a wish list than a reality lately

I'm the type of person who needs to get at least 6 hours of sleep in order to be fully functioning. Anything less and I'm an emotional wreck. I get anxious, overwhelmed, teary-eyed, and whiny. And, let's not forget that I can be mighty crabby if I'm anything short of fully rested. Yes, I'm 27 years old and act like a toddler when I don't get enough sleep. And, no, I'm not proud of it

Lately, most nights, I'm averaging anywhere from 4-5 hours of sleep. Sometimes a tad more (like last night) and sometimes a bit less. My work schedule plays a huge role in how much sleep I get -- having to be at work at 6:00am is difficult and being at work late (usually until 10:00pm) the night before certainly doesn't help the situation. But, I manage -- usually with the help of caffeine -- but, I manage. Thankfully, I was able to catch up on some sleep last night as I had today off and I'm also going to get in some extra zzz's tonight as I'm also off tomorrow. And, since I worked a double yesterday, I'm going to have both Sunday and Monday off as well. I wish I could just lounge around those couple of days, but I do have a lot to take care of at home. But, rest assured (pun intended
), I'll definitely be getting in a nap or two along with as much sleep as I can manage at night.

As I'm writing this, my dog is looking over at me and urging me to come lay down on the sofa with her. And, I think, in a little bit, I'll be doing just that!