plodding on...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kev

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
4.36am, jumped on line as have been up over an hour with blasted head hurting, feel as though took two steps forward and three back.....been for a toddle round the estate, its very quiet and cold and even a couple of cats were giving me funny looks!
Oh well, c'est la vie huh?
K

noni

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Kev, I just found this thread.

Several things that I do when my body protests my actions...and I get cramps (leg, back, and neck) on a regular basis, too.

Drink a ton of water. W A T E R. Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. Drink so much that you have to use the potty every hour, and until your urine is clear and with no scent. And then? Drink more water. Room temp is best - it absorbs faster into your system.

Vitamin B - the whole complex one. B12, B6, B1, all the B's. They tend to help balance your system (especially if you smoke, like I do), and will help with the stress management. Follow the directions very carefully - this is one vitamin where more is not better...follow the directions on the bottle, and you should be fine.

Bananas. O.K., so that sounds silly, but bananas have something in them which assists the muscles once they've cramped to release. It doesn't actually prevent cramps, just makes them less severe and shorter. Have two bananas a day, and along with the water and the B vits, and you've done what you can to assist yourself from the inside.

And also, spinach and other iron supplements are vital to your blood's oxygen capacity. If your blood has a low capacity for oxygen, you will cramp. It takes some time to build iron back up, but maybe consider some iron supplements and/or spinach (a baby spinach salad with bleu or feta cheese, sweet onion, and cranberries is delightful, and will support your body very well.).

And when all else fails, remember that there is indeed a light at the end of the tunnel. You'll make it through this, and while it may seem like the tunnel stretches out forever in front of you, it's not...and the end is closer than you think.

Hang in there!

Best-
Michele

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kev

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
went to the interview - can you believe that I had to pull over on the way there as my head hurt that much- I had left plenty of time though thankfully. Am home but feel worse today - am gonna speak to the doc this pm to see if there is anything they can do to help me. The interview was ok - lasted about an hour and 20 mins and I gave it all through the pain and bit of wierd vision. I left there totally and I mean totally exhausted. I really want that job, however, my face looks as though its etched with aching and I think it may have shown.
My boss rang me this am. Wanted to confirm Friday meeting. Also wants me to see an occupational health person we have in the building. Never had anything to do with one - anyone know what one is? Anyway, when had put the phone down, the pain got worse and I ended up on the hard shoulder head in hands almost screaming at the traffic. Boss has got me more worried than I care to imagine and its aggravating the problem even more. Feel like I took a step forwards and now three back.
My boss will want me to commit to a date to get back in the office - I am off until the wed after xmas. I cant give a firm date at all as we have to wait and see what the new drugs will do and how I will react. She will want me back in before the sick note runs out which I understand that if I do, then was ill, the company would be in total..... right?
How do I tell her that I cant commit to a date yet until the pain is gone, given that you know how she can be with me? I dont want her getting me round her finger and then getting worser than I am already?
Am now off to bed, its 13.57 - been up since around 03.00 and I am exhausted with pain.
Love to you all and thanks for being there. I need you lot more than you can imagine
K

mamacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kev you're such a trooper. I really hope this interview results in something good for you.

As for your boss, I would just tell her honestly that your condition is such that you cannot commit to a date. I know that's easier said than done. Would your doctor be willing to call her and speak to her I wonder? Perhaps that could save you some aggravation.

Hang in there.

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Kev, sorry that you don't feel so good today. About your boss - as far as I understand you're right - if your doctor has signed you off sick, you should not be at work. I believe the company are not covered if you go to work.

Does your company have a personnel/human resources department/officer. They are usually more realistic than line managers as they tend to be clued up on employment law. If you have one of these, you might try phoning those - half the time they're horrified at what supervisors/line managers get up to.