Please Welcome....meadow!

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey everyone! Just recently adopted a new kitty!

I was driving home from work last Tuesday, when I suddenly saw this little cat in the middle of the road crying out. I immediately stopped to see if she was Ok, thinking perhaps she was injured from being hit or something.

She was limping, matted fur on her back, had swollen gunky eyes and a stuffy nose. She was a sweetie though, the little girl went up to me right away to be petted.

Another woman stopped by with me to check her out too. She went over to the house that we were in front of to see if the possible owner was there, but no one answered when she knocked.

I decided to go ahead and possibly kidnap pick up the kitty, put her in my car, and take her with me to the vet. The woman didn't know the house owner that much but she knew the name, so she wrote it down and gave it to me.

Soooo I called the vet ahead, who were thankfully open until 9:00 pm and were wonderfully accommodating, seeing me and the kitty as soon as I walked into the office.

After an examination, turns out the poor thing had...

- Fleas
- Lung Infection
- Ear Infection
- Overgrown nails that were digging into her paw, thus the limping
- The matted back fur as mentioned
- Eye Infection
- Upon first impression the vet thought she was four months old, but after inspection she was in fact at least a year old, so she had a stunted growth.
- Underweight

Really decent clues that she was a stray throughout her life. The good news is, she didn't have any broken bones or wounds, which I was first concerned about. Since the whole ordeal was a surprise (And I had literally only knew the cat for 27 minutes upon visiting the vet :lol:) they loaned me a carrier and blankets to take her home in.

I happily offered to be financially responsible for everything- she got dewormed, ears done, received antibiotics, nails trimmed, and I currently have her eye medication that I put on twice a day for ten days. I also trimmed off all the knots in her back. She looks a bit like David Bowie with her large bald spot and funky fur style, but at least she will be comfortable! And she seemed to have really enjoyed the process, acted like it was a massage.

Understandably, she needed to be quarantined from the rest of the kitties for a bit so I prepared her her own private boudoir area when I got home. I pretty much decided very quickly that I was keeping her.

Everyone now is going through the gradual step by step process of meeting each other and getting used to each other, and so far everyone is getting along very well. Especially with Camelot and Morgana, whom by now have gotten pretty used to newcomers and don't blink twice about it.

We are going back in a week and a half for a checkup, get her vaccinations and to eventually get her spayed.

And no, judge me if you will, but I didn't try and contact that home owner :tongue: If that person was indeed the owner, then I wouldn't want Meadow to go back to them anyway. SHE IS MINE NOW :devilish::devilish::devilish:

At the vet, where she received food and water:

20170926_174204.jpg

Couple days later:

20170928_185638-1.jpg

Few days later:

20170929_085631-1.jpg

She is such a huge sweetheart! And easygoing, friendly, curious and cuddly. What a little treasure! She is like a dainty little lady. Her nickname is already "Little Miss". The road was beside a meadow in a rural area, and her colouring reminded me of a fall meadow, and of course, the season is currently fall, thus the name.

She still isn't 100%, but she is getting there! She can run around now after wobbling about for a bit, her nose and ears cleared up and her eyes are getting better everyday, although her left eye is a tad more dodgy than her right. And her litter box training is going well.

Pardon my long post :lol:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pardon my long post :lol:
cassiopea cassiopea - I was sorry the post wasn't longer. Heartwarming stories are few and far between; I hope you'll keep this post alive, and share photos of Meadow as she grows from a Little Miss into a Big girl.

As to not having made a concerted effort to locate the "owners" *tsk* *tsk* - I'm a proponent of putting up signs throughout the neighbourhood where a cat was found. Here's an example:

poster.jpg

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
Bless you for taking in this little cutie! In the shape she was in, I don't think I would make much of an effort to return her to such neglectful owners either! We are looking forward to more pictures of the beautiful Meadow.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for your responses everyone :cloud9:

She's very pretty, does she have orange color in her coat? I love the name Meadow.

She does have a bit of orange - Actually have been wondering what her colouring is suppose to be, so far she's been a cinnamon tabby, a torbie, or a cinnamon/chocolate tortie.

Anyone willing to give an expert opinion or guesses on the matter is definitely welcome :)

I'll be happy to continue with updates- She has also begun to snuggle with Camelot on the couch. Methinks a house cat was definitely her calling :lol: