Please: We need prayers and vibes for Joey

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LSULOVER

Oh, I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo glad that it is not cancer.

I hope they can find out what it is
That made my head hurt, but I agree with Belinda!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good, good news. Sending continued vibes and prayers that whatever is going on is readily treatable.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so glad it isn't cancer! Hopefully they will be able to treat this now and he will become stronger and healthier!

renny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank goodness it isn't cancer! If it is an immune or autoimmune disorder then they are quite manageable. Rambo has one, though we haven't diagnosed what one, and is doing fantastic steroids. Give Joey and big scritch from me and Rambo!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Renny

Thank goodness it isn't cancer! If it is an immune or autoimmune disorder then they are quite manageable. Rambo has one, though we haven't diagnosed what one, and is doing fantastic steroids. Give Joey and big scritch from me and Rambo!
Well that is certainly encouraging, Thanks
The Vet just called, he's just puzzled, he was SURE it was lymphoma, all his organs looked abnormal
But you would never know Joey was sick, he's my big strong boy
And he has ripped out a few of his own stitches
So I am taking Joey in for a blood Test tomorrow and it's a very comprehensive test and will be sent to North Carolina. This should hopefully tell us more. I can't thank you all enough for your good thoughts and prayers for our BOY

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope they can figure it out by the blood tests. It's good news and bad news right? You know it isn't cancer but your left figuring out what it is. He has a lot of love and will beat whatever it is.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank goodness it isn't cancer! HOORAY!!!

Helen, if they are thinking autoimmune, you may want to PM Laurie (LDG) because they have been through hell and back with Tuxedo trying to figure out what was going on with him and how to treat it. She may be able to give you and your vet some insight on what to look for, etc. She can also probably put your vet in touch with her vet because he's been fabulous with Tuxie.

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

Thank goodness it isn't cancer! HOORAY!!!

Helen, if they are thinking autoimmune, you may want to PM Laurie (LDG) because they have been through hell and back with Tuxedo trying to figure out what was going on with him and how to treat it. She may be able to give you and your vet some insight on what to look for, etc. She can also probably put your vet in touch with her vet because he's been fabulous with Tuxie.
Thanks Heidi...If this new blood test doesn't tell us anything I will definitely bug Laurie

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't posted in this thread much, but I HAVE had Joey on my mind and have been sending vibes for him to be well. I'm just catching up, and I am SO glad that he doesn't have cancer!

Many more vibes headed his way for some specific results on the blood tests so you can get a real diagnosis and TREAT IT!!!

Head butts and many purrs are being sent by Ginger and Ferris as well!

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
just checking back in
I am so glad you've had the all-clear on the cancer front .....phew, waiting for that news is tough

Hoping you get some positive reports soon

Miss Moofi sends Joey a big special Spanish kiss

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thats such awesome news!!! I am soo relieved to hear that, as much as you were too, I am sure.
Now lets just pray that whatever it is may be cured-soon!!

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Joey Update...Sorry this has taken me so long to update but we didn't find out till last Friday and I am out of town...But Joey's latest blood test showed no signs of anything bad...they have no idea why his organs looked abnormal...so anyway they just said to keep an eye on him and they will retest his blood again in 6 months
I miss him so much because he is in KY with Sophia and I am in NY with Lucia and Severino, I can't wait to see him on Saturday
thank you all so much for your support and prayers

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

Joey Update...Sorry this has taken me so long to update but we didn't find out till last Friday and I am out of town...But Joey's latest blood test showed no signs of anything bad...they have no idea why his organs looked abnormal...so anyway they just said to keep an eye on him and they will retest his blood again in 6 months
I miss him so much because he is in KY with Sophia and I am in NY with Lucia and Severino, I can't wait to see him on Saturday
thank you all so much for your support and prayers
That is great news! Hopefully it was just a "blip" in his life path and now he will be stronger and better every day!

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh thats just fantastic news
I was wondering but didn't like to ask

lots of healthy ((((((
vibes
)))))) still whizzing over for your sweet boy !

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's awesome news, Helen! Here's to good results again in 6 months.
And meanwhile -- WTG Joey!

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad to hear nothing serious showed up in the blood test. Still sending many vibes that Joey starts feeling better.

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, that`s such good news!

So are his organs still enlarged or have they gone back to normal? So glad he`s doing well now, he`s such a handsome boy!