Please tell me my cat's breed

whatismycat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yo. I'm not sure how this whole cat forum thing works; I just got on google and searched Cat Forum so here I am. I made an account on this site solely for the purpose of finding out my cat's breed. About 7 years ago, she showed up in our backyard as a starving kitten and we pretty much adopted her, but we have no idea what breed she is. Could you guys help me out? I can post more photos if you need me to.

jin xiong lor

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I do not see anything that would make her a certain breed. I'm sure maybe you've heard people say Norwegian Cat. But really, without any sort of papers , she is just a beautiful DLH . Domestic Longhaired Cat. We, humans, have not had enough control in the feline department with breeding unlike dogs, so its extremely hard to identify/classify a specific mix/breed of a cat without certified papers.
Very pretty cat though, ruff at the neckline is gorgeous! (:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

whatismycat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Good enough for me. Thanks!

angelinacat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I also would say  'American Domestic Longhair'.  You have a beautiful girl there.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I do not see anything that would make her a certain breed. I'm sure maybe you've heard people say Norwegian Cat. But really, without any sort of papers , she is just a beautiful DLH . Domestic Longhaired Cat. We, humans, have not had enough control in the feline department with breeding unlike dogs, so its extremely hard to identify/classify a specific mix/breed of a cat without certified papers.
Very pretty cat though, ruff at the neckline is gorgeous! (:
I agree on principle with you, but not on the example chosen.  She is no Norwegian look alike.  Norwegians have a triangularish, somewhat prolonged face.  So sooner Maine Coon or  Sibirian look alike.  Which one to pick depends mostly on where you TS do live...

Also,   I got fascinated by the dark foreleg clearly visible on pic one.  Is her tail also visibly darker than the body?

What are the eyes color?  Blue??

Because Im wondering if she may even be a point... 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

whatismycat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes her tail is darker than her body. Her eyes are sorta a bluish-green.

Last edited by a moderator:

mycatsinthetub

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh, she is gorgeous! I love the slight wild look about her. Very special indeed. 

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Points has usually clear blue eyes caused by the point gene itself.  It is still my guess she is a point after all, even if the eyes arent clearly blue.

But  dont ask me for the exact description of her colors!