Status
Not open for further replies.

furryferals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not psychic,I just see through people
Originally Posted by booktigger

I like the fact I have been frosted, esp from two of the people, but I dont have a siggy, nor know how to do one, and with 35 pages of threads to look through, dont really have the time nor the inclination to do it - a new thread with our names on would be excellent, I would certainly use it.

And for the person who said that those of us who dont want to join in shoudl have our pm's stopped while this is ongoing - that isn't a good solution, why should we miss out on people contacting us about something just cos of a game??
Yeah I know what you mean,I'm on dial up too..... its a pain in the rear end,but I still have the pics showing just 'cos Tcs wouldn't be Tcs without them

Aww you should get a siggy
Just to show us those beatiful kitties you have

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sarah did me a nice siggy of Pebbles actually, just forgot to do something with it!! IT takes too long to show the site with siggies though!!

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Are we suppose to put the number of times "you've been frosted"? I see members with more than one of those. I've gotten more than one. A special thank you for the "frosters". Made me feel special.

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by yayi

Are we suppose to put the number of times "you've been frosted"? I see members with more than one of those.
no, just one frosted image regardless of how many times you have been frosted

furryferals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not psychic,I just see through people
Originally Posted by booktigger

Sarah did me a nice siggy of Pebbles actually, just forgot to do something with it!! IT takes too long to show the site with siggies though!!
Oooh go on ....use that siggy
Once you scan around the pages most of the pics are stored in the temp files so the more you read the faster the pages load...if you know what I mean..if you only come here once a week I would suggest having your history folder save files upto 7 days...if you come here every day then you only need to have your history folder set to 3-4 days

schwarzekatz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KitEKats4Eva!

Let's not start suggesting that asking not to be frosted means that you don't want to `participate in the fun of TCS' or anything like that. Veiled insults are still insults and it's not fair or nice - and doesn't fit in with the way things are done here.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Someone is goign to have to help me out with a siggy, I have been frosted 5 times now!!!

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, Sarah gave me an image to put in there, did it not work???

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think anyone who wishes to NOT join in on this game should be looked down on for their choice.
Again, after the post the other day, everyone is just trying to make sure all members feel as if they are being included in things here so no one has hurt feelings and feels left out.
(I think it's a cute game and enjoy playing it--not everyone feels that way though)

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This is supposed to be just a fun little game, like the other fun little games we have here. This one was just a little different in that it was via PM instead on just on the board.

The mods and Anne all thought the game would be a funsy little thing, and couldn't imagine it causing upset. We're sorry that it did. But what I'm seeing is a couple people who didn't want to participate, didn't want to put the image in their sig/avatar (I created the images so that they could in put in as an avatar if you have that option - and thanks for the kind comments on it the images
). But there are a lot more people who were contacted by people that they may not have been in contact with before, and there are a lot of people who felt special that they were thought of by those who did frost them.
That makes it much more worthwhile in MY eyes than the few who weren't happy with the game.

As the old saying goes, you can't please everyone.

(Please note that this is not an official statement from the TCS team, and we are truly sorry and apologize to those who were displeased by the game...)

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crittermom

Again, after the post the other day, everyone is just trying to make sure all members feel as if they are being included in things here so no one has hurt feelings and feels left out.
What post?

urbantigers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was happy to be frosted (even though I've not put the image in my siggy yet). It actually felt nice to receive a pm from someone I don't "know". It was nice to feel included. I'm not a regular contributor to the lounge or to chatty threads so it's nice to feel I'm not invisible!

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
But there are a lot more people who were contacted by people that they may not have been in contact with before, and there are a lot of people who felt special that they were thought of by those who did frost them. That makes it much more worthwhile in MY eyes than the few who weren't happy with the game.

How many here have never gotten a PM before? I know that the first one I ever got, I was tickled that someone thought about me and sent me one.Even if it was only to say my pics were too big

The way I see this game is, it gives members a chance to make new friends and make someones day a little bit brighter.

It is through this board that so many friendships have already been formed and I hope continue to form still.
Because some do not wish to participate, should NOT knock it out for those of us that do wish to.Nor, should those that don't--feel like they are being put down.
It's a game and it's fun..........let's keep it that way!!!

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The game officially ends on Thursday, November 23 2006. After that date, PLEASE do not "frost" anyone else. There WILL be more games, in the future so, keep an eye out for them.

To all who participated: thank you for getting into the spirit and the TCS Mod Team hopes that this encoureaged some of the newer members to jump in.

This thread is now locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.