Please send your support to have these kids arrested

big-cat-fan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crittergirl

Please let us know when the authorities can be petitioned. I will sign!
I will do anything I can. Just let me know what to sign or who I need to write.

I just do not understand how people can be so heartless. Everyday I hear of a story of animal abuse. And maybe it is one of those things we are not supposed to understand. But it still hurts. To think of what these poor animals go through. People that do these things are obviously wanting to feel superior. To torture a helpless animal (of any kind) is an act of a coward, if you ask me. If any of them really want to feel superior... why don't they try fighting someone or something that can fight back. Lets see how these cowards do then.
Maybe ya'll can sense my anger has just exploded, but I am just sick and tired of these people. And something has to be done!!! So I AM "IN". Just let me know what I need to do.

consumerkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it would be good to write to the Flint PD asking them to throw the book at the teenagers and send the message that it is not acceptable to treat animals this way. Here is the address:

Flint Police Department
210 E. Fifth Street
Flint. MI 48502

consumerkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Big-Cat-Fan

I will do anything I can. Just let me know what to sign or who I need to write.

I just do not understand how people can be so heartless. Everyday I hear of a story of animal abuse. And maybe it is one of those things we are not supposed to understand. But it still hurts. To think of what these poor animals go through. People that do these things are obviously wanting to feel superior. To torture a helpless animal (of any kind) is an act of a coward, if you ask me. If any of them really want to feel superior... why don't they try fighting someone or something that can fight back. Lets see how these cowards do then.
Maybe ya'll can sense my anger has just exploded, but I am just sick and tired of these people. And something has to be done!!! So I AM "IN". Just let me know what I need to do.
Almost every time people who commit violent crimes against animals receive no jail time. There should be a mandatory jail sentence for this kind of cruelty. That's why I founded this group.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't been able to access the link, to get the whole story, but I do know that Genesee County has been trying to promote eco-tourism, so to be politically effective, I think that we all should write to:
Flint Mayor: Hon. Donald Williamson
1st Floor City Hall
1101 S. Saginaw Street
Flint MI 48502;
Genesee County Prosecuting Attorney David Layton: 100 Courthouse
Flint Michigan 48502
FAX: 810-257-3219, and be sure to
cc the Genesee Board of Commissioners:
1101 Beach Street; Flint MI 48502.
These are all ELECTED officials and they will be made aware of the fact that each other's office knows that there's some BAD publicity out there regarding this!! In fact, it probably won't hurt to cc the Genesee Regional Chamber of Commerce; 519 S. Saginaw Street, suite 200; Flint MI 48502. And if someone here can find another link for me to access (maybe a newspaper website), then I can get details & maybe find out some other advice on who to contact &/or what we can do! (I have an in-law in the Commissioner's office but I want to have details B4 I ask his opinion/input). Keep up the good fight, TCSers!

big-cat-fan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsknowme

I haven't been able to access the link, to get the whole story, but I do know that Genesee County has been trying to promote eco-tourism, so to be politically effective, I think that we all should write to:
Flint Mayor: Hon. Donald Williamson
1st Floor City Hall
1101 S. Saginaw Street
Flint MI 48502;
Genesee County Prosecuting Attorney David Layton: 100 Courthouse
Flint Michigan 48502
FAX: 810-257-3219, and be sure to
cc the Genesee Board of Commissioners:
1101 Beach Street; Flint MI 48502.
These are all ELECTED officials and they will be made aware of the fact that each other's office knows that there's some BAD publicity out there regarding this!! In fact, it probably won't hurt to cc the Genesee Regional Chamber of Commerce; 519 S. Saginaw Street, suite 200; Flint MI 48502. And if someone here can find another link for me to access (maybe a newspaper website), then I can get details & maybe find out some other advice on who to contact &/or what we can do! (I have an in-law in the Commissioner's office but I want to have details B4 I ask his opinion/input). Keep up the good fight, TCSers!
Thank you! I am writing my letters 1st thing in the morning!!! Come on fellow TCSers!!! We can do it!!!!

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not only do these people torture a cat... they teach dogs to do it! That is just horrible... and now the dogs have to be put to sleep too... It's not their fault they're pit bulls; and with good training pit bulls can be good pets. Chances are it's too late for these dogs, though... probably far too late.

This is what I consider true evil... not only inflicting hurt on someone, but teaching others to do so, too.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Big-Cat-Fan

Thank you! I am writing my letters 1st thing in the morning!!! Come on fellow TCSers!!! We can do it!!!!
Can you give me some details, so I can read some facts to present in my letters? Such as the date of the crime & maybe the title of a newspaper article?? And any one else have some ideas on how to motivate more TCSers??

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

middletown

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by consumercity

I think it would be good to write to the Flint PD asking them to throw the book at the teenagers and send the message that it is not acceptable to treat animals this way. Here is the address:

Flint Police Department
210 E. Fifth Street
Flint. MI 48502
Yes thank you Barbara.
Im sorry but life has kept me from TCS lately.

That is the current address for the flint police i found on the net too.
Also the address from Catsknow me is a good place to start.

Pet abuse.com should update with the court details if the police decide to press charges.
Here is the animal control agency that responded to the scene.
Letters tactfully expressing your out rage at this type of crime goes unpunished
also enclose Kind grateful thanks for their services and efforts.

G-4351 West Pasadena Avenue
Flint, MI 48504
(810) 732-1660
Monday thru Friday 10:00-4:15
Saturday 10:00-2:00
Lloyd Gerhardt, Chief Officer
Ken Austin: Officer who responded to the scene.

Here is the original report on an ABC affilate site.
http://abclocal.go.com/wjrt/story?se...cal&id=4115529

That same ABC site has a "rant" boards. I cannot access it through work, so i cannot testify if its a viable means, but i would imagine some comments on their site might get some coverage interest from the TV station.
I know my local ABC cant wait to "blow a whistle" on something.
Here is that address.
http://abclocal.go.com/wjrt/story?se...ity&id=3380979

As for some examples of what to write.
http://www.pet-abuse.com/pages/actio...er_writing.php as well as
http://www.paws.org/help/report/letters.php has some great information as well as links to samples.

I fear for our future if children like this grow up without remorse or fear consequences of their actions. I really fear if their parents feel the same way their kids do.

Thank you all for your support!
Ric

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the links, Middletown! NOW I can start my writing campaign!! And now I understand all the encouragement to write to the Flint Police Dept.!! Has anyone noticed any letters to the Editor in any of the Flint papers regarding this issue????