Please send vibes

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She was out last night for a couple hours. I'm working from home today, so I've had the door open all day long. There's been more growling and hissing (even at Tailer), but no other signs of aggression on anyone's part.
I'm waiting for a call back from the vet to talk about adjusting her diet so she doesn't get too beefy. What a great discussion to have!

When she's out she tends to follow me around like a little furry shadow. She may venture a short distance away, but not too far. I hope that's a sign that she's forgiving me.
She also chatters at me constantly...I think that's what they call "tortitude".

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tari

She was out last night for a couple hours. I'm working from home today, so I've had the door open all day long. There's been more growling and hissing (even at Tailer), but no other signs of aggression on anyone's part.
I'm waiting for a call back from the vet to talk about adjusting her diet so she doesn't get too beefy. What a great discussion to have!

When she's out she tends to follow me around like a little furry shadow. She may venture a short distance away, but not too far. I hope that's a sign that she's forgiving me.
She also chatters at me constantly...I think that's what they call "tortitude".
Ohhhhh Tari! You just made me soooooo happy!!!

BTW, out of curiosity, did the cat bag ever made it there?

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cat bag's on backorder
so it hasn't made it yet. Even though we didn't have it for this crisis, I think it will be handy to have on hand for the future. With one cat with IBD and one with CH, it's probably inevitable that I'll need to restrain someone for something at some point.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tari

The cat bag's on backorder
so it hasn't made it yet. Even though we didn't have it for this crisis, I think it will be handy to have on hand for the future. With one cat with IBD and one with CH, it's probably inevitable that I'll need to restrain someone for something at some point.
Oh man.... that sucks! But yeah... you will use it!
more vibes for your precious little girl and a hug to momma!! (and daddy too!)

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After talking with the vet yesterday, we've decided that we're going to stop the A/D, but continue letting her free feed until we have the results of the liver panel we're going to repeat next week. We'd rather have a chubby, well cat than take a chance of her liver backsliding. But, overall, things are looking really good for Grace.

She gets more energetic and affectionate every day. We let her out of her room whenever we're home...I'm still not feeling secure enough to let the cats all out together when we're not around to intervene if it should become necessary. She follows me EVERYWHERE unless I go down to the basement where my other two cats tend to hang out. She even helped me make dinner last night. (She's particularly helpful with filling ice cube trays...she's great at making sure all the air bubbles are popped.
)

She still hisses and growls whenever she sees either of the other cats. Forest still hisses back...Tailer just looks at her like "whatever". (Tailer's actually more interested in her food than in her...he LOVES junk food and she's got an unlimited supply of Meow Mix!) But the hissing seems to subside a little sooner and they're all getting a tiny bit braver all the time. I'm trying to split my time between upstairs with her and downstairs with them, and trying not to either force them together or avoid it.) When Grace has enough, she goes back to her room and crawls up on the window perch we installed for her.

It's still early, but I really think we're going to have a really happy ending to what's been a very sad story for this little girl.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It sure sounds like it!!!!!!

She has obviously completely forgiven you.... and I'm not surprised the ... ordeal brought you closer.

What a little sweetheart!!! BTW - pictures?

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tari, it's been a long, sometimes frightening, but just amazing, amazing road, hasn't it? Look at this little girl now!!! WOW

She is a perfect example that sometimes, when the road ahead looks sooo long and so hopeless.... we need to just take a day at a time... a feeding at a time.... Take a deep breath, keep the faith, and keep going!
You and hubby did beautifully
, and I can see her turning into your heart kitty for many years to come

What a special little fighter you have there!

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We're just back from the vet, and it's all good news!

Grace's jaundice is all but gone.
Her weight is up to 8 lbs, 13 oz...which we think seems around the optimal weight for her.
She's definitely feeling perky enough to give them a good fight when they drew her blood today!
(I know that seems like an odd thing to be happy about, but both the vet and I are SO happy to see her feeling feisty.)

We'll get the results of her bloodwork tomorrow, and that will let us know for sure how her liver's doing. But things are looking good!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Tari, I know EXACTLY what you're talking about!
YAY for feisty kitties!

for the liver numbers... but I have a feeling she's going to be looking real good!

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The numbers are back...and it's looking pretty good! Most of her liver valuse were within normal range, and two were still out of range but vastly improved. Her ALT is down from 383 to 177 (the normal range is under 100), and her Bilirubin is down from 6.6 to 0.9 (normal is 0.1-0.4). Her WBC is still on the high side, too. We're going to keep letting her keep free-feeding for now (we're still converting her to Blue Buffalo dry, though, during this time) and we're going to keep her on a low dose of Baytril and the pred.

I can tell she's feeling SOOO much better. I'm starting to see just how sick she was even when she first showed up and we thought she was OK. She's a little ball of energy. She was zooming all over the house this morning and trying to get me and/or the other cats to play with her. She was met by hisses from the boys
, and I was late to work again.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This little girl is WELL on her way on the road to recovery!!!!!!!!

Aw, this is just great news!
I suspect she was so bad off on her own, it'll take some time to get back to completely normal.

I also suspect you'll need to start setting your alarm clock a little earlier.

And continued !!!!