Please send vibes!

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aack. I am so jealous Britni!!

I loooove horses!!

I used to ride with a friend of mine(she had a few horses) and we would go out and ride every day. I miss that.

BEST of luck on getting that trailor!! Please keep us posted!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
UPDATE:

Just got off the phone with the owner of the horses. He wasn't there last night to talk to us, but we spent a good 25 minutes on the phone this evening. He was telling me about his trailer, he thinks the tires will hold air and he said he'll air them up tonight and let me know tomorrow evening if they held. But John says he thinks the tires are shot and he doesn't want to try it

We're still trying to find a trailer to borrow, John went to visit a buddy of his and is stopping at a big farm/feed store to see if they've got a trailer we could borrow. The guy that owns it is really nice and hopefully he can help out.

We're going to set up stalls tomorrow evening, and put up new fence so the horses can have their own pasture separated from the draft horses. John has promised we'll find a way to get these horses, and the guy has said that he'll keep them for me until I can get them.
Now on to hunting for that trailer...

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by bnwalker2

UPDATE:

Just got off the phone with the owner of the horses. He wasn't there last night to talk to us, but we spent a good 25 minutes on the phone this evening. He was telling me about his trailer, he thinks the tires will hold air and he said he'll air them up tonight and let me know tomorrow evening if they held. But John says he thinks the tires are shot and he doesn't want to try it

We're still trying to find a trailer to borrow, John went to visit a buddy of his and is stopping at a big farm/feed store to see if they've got a trailer we could borrow. The guy that owns it is really nice and hopefully he can help out.

We're going to set up stalls tomorrow evening, and put up new fence so the horses can have their own pasture separated from the draft horses. John has promised we'll find a way to get these horses, and the guy has said that he'll keep them for me until I can get them.
Now on to hunting for that trailer...
Sending more (((GET trailer vibes))) to you guys!!!!

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

Is there a local horse rescue organization that might have one?
Not close enough unfortunately. It really would waste too much diesel going an hour each way for a trailer, when the horses are only about 10 miles away.

John said last night "we'll make his trailer work". Since everything else is ok, aside from the tires, John said we'll just put new tires on it. We'll see though, I'm still not going to get excited until they're actually here... I just don't want to be disappointed!

crittergirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Good luck on finding a trailer!
We have 4 horses, we have alot of fun on them, especially camping with them!

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ANOTHER UPDATE:

This is getting soooo frustrating. I HAVE FOUND A TRAILER! All I have to do is go get it and I can use it as long as I need to.

BUT, now there's a new hurdle to overcome. The deal is, I have to come up with $150 to stock up on hay before I can get the horses. And we're supposed to go tomorrow morning! I've got $19 at the moment. John is selling some stuff, and he said I can have that money to put towards it. I've got to go clean torches right now so he can sell those. I'm seeing if any of my friends can loan me a little.

If this doesn't make sense to anyone, yes I do have the money to take care of the horse! The horse will never be without food or any medical care or anything else he/she needs. Just the deal was, I have to stock up on at least some hay before I get the horse just in case the grass all dies with the cold weather we're supposed to get this weekend/next week (since we live with his parents and it's their pasture and barn that's the rule).