Please Send Vibes For Chiquita!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's here!!

The little stinker was in the house the entire time!

I went to get ready for bed last night, and when I opened the bathroom door, there she was! I have NO idea where she could have been, b/c I searched the entire house top & bottom - not only just once, but several times. My s/o was giving me funny looks like he thought I was nuts: I guess he was thinking, "Well, if you didn't find her the first few times, what makes you think she's gonna show up now?!"

I tried letting y'all know last night, but I couldn't get logged on to my ISP for some reason..

Thank the Lord that she's all right!
I wouldn't have slept a wink last night if she wouldn't have shown up!

Thanks for all your vibes, y'all!
TCS vibes almost always work!

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad to hear that she turned up!

My Harvey used to do that to me from time to time. He'd disappear for hours and hours and I'd be positive he had gotten out. I'd be beside myself worrying about him...then he'd just saunter into the room and give me that "what's your problem" look. Turns out we had a tiny hole in the drywall behind the washing machine, under the hose, and he was slipping inside the wall. He never forgave me for closing it off, but my heart couldn't take any more scares like that.

Chiquita, don't you EVER do that to Meowmy again!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tari

I'd be beside myself worrying about him...then he'd just saunter into the room and give me that "what's your problem" look.

That's how ChiChi looked at me last night after she decided to come out from where she had been.

This is apparently where she was the entire time:

It's a little dresser that I keep my socks & undies in. I happened to notice her tail sticking out when I went into the bathroom today. I don't know HOW the heck she's getting under there! There must not be more than an inch or two of space for her to squeeze under!

Why couldn't she have stuck her tail or foot out yesterday when I was just about sick with worry, and running around all over trying to find her then??

Turns out we had a tiny hole in the drywall behind the washing machine, under the hose, and he was slipping inside the wall. He never forgave me for closing it off, but my heart couldn't take any more scares like that.
When Chiquita & the rest of the kittens were just wee little ones, one of them discovered a small hole in my bedroom wall. I stuck a piece of cardboard up there so they couldn't squeeze into it, but they pulled it down. So I had my s/o nail a thick board over the hole instead, b/c I was always worried that they would get in there, and crawl up into the wall and not be able to get back out.
That happened to a cat that my mom had when I was still a kid, and the cat ended up stuck in the attic. We kept hearing him howling but couldn't find him.
My grandpa finally figured out just where he was, and they had to bust open the wall to get him out.

Chiquita, don't you EVER do that to Meowmy again!
I gave her a stern talking-to about the hazards of scaring meowmy like that (especially at my age having high blood-pressure & panic attacks) but she just looks at me with that "look".

As you can see in the above pic, the talking-to didn't do any good.
: